Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thoughts on LOZ bite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on LOZ bite

With the forecast looking low 70s on Saturday, thinking about loading up the boy and the gear and heading down to fish the docks. Any insight on the bite around docks around the 30-35MM is appreciated. It isn't a short drive for us and he'd be missing some sports games/practices - but if the bite is on, we are gone! Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Went last Saturday on Big Niangua Arm, cold as crabapples and windy. Found fish out in front of docks over deeper structure not under the docks. Could not get them to take a jig. Didn't have my jerkbait box in the boat but sure wished I had it. It is in the boat now. I think I could have had a better day with a suspending jerkbait.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Likes wannagofishin LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We fished Gravois arm on monday and graphed plenty of fish on docks, but they were being finicky and not biting very well. We had to work at it to manage 14 keepers between the two of us. Caught around 40 total so roughly three shorts per keeper.
    Likes wannagofishin LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of us fished last Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 3mm to 17mm of main lake and did pretty well. It took a good part of the day to catch limits after going through many shorts. Strange thing was that the sideview scanner showed large school of fish under docks but many times we could not get them to bite. 20-30 fow and fish were 10-15 feet deep.

Post Thanks / Like

They are dropping the lake right now for the annual drawdown. That usually messes things up for a while, at least for me.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Likes LSL Angler, jcherky LIKED above post