Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drift Sock Harness with float

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drift Sock Harness with float

Does the float harness that you can buy help float your sock ? I am having trouble with mine going below the water column and hanging up on stumps. I have 2 42 cabelas angler pro sock that are amazing and have built in floats, they have never hung up on me ever bc they are at the top of the water. I recently bought 2 56inch lindy socks on sale and when I used them this weekend I hung them quite a few times, they dont have built in floats on the socks like the cabelas brand does. So will the harness with the buoy help keep my new socks up at the top of the water? anybody have experience with this ?

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno about floating your socks but one thing you can do is swap from the sock to pulling log chains

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking it won't help much. I've used the Lindy harness with float on a sock (smaller than yours), and while it keeps it near the surface, it doesn't float the sock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Brewer View Post
    I dunno about floating your socks but one thing you can do is swap from the sock to pulling log chains
    I do use chains also, however Im having trouble figuring them out. they seem to stop my boat completely I cant find the happy medium

Post Thanks / Like

We use a drift sock regularly and have not had this problem. Re-read the product description and see if they have a "self floating" feature. If not, that could be your problem. And no.....the line float will not keep your sock on top. It's function is to "find" the line to the float if you deliberately disconnect it (usually when a big fish is on near the float). The sock itself should stay afloat of it's own design, unless that feature is not specified in the write up.

You can also go on the web site of the sock and ask a question there.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

All you need is an appropriate 12" piece of pool noodle. Slip your rope thru and slide it down to the connection loops of the sock. This will help keep them from going down and snagging.
    You can throw a few zip ties around it to keep from sliding around too much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quadlee View Post
    I do use chains also, however Im having trouble figuring them out. they seem to stop my boat completely I cant find the happy medium
    The trick with the chain is rope length. Let out more rope to slow down more less rope to speed up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bandchaser View Post
    All you need is an appropriate 12" piece of pool noodle. Slip your rope thru and slide it down to the connection loops of the sock. This will help keep them from going down and snagging.
    You can throw a few zip ties around it to keep from sliding around too much.

are you saying attach th noodle on the straps of the sock itself ? or on the rope that is connected to the boat ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quadlee View Post
    are you saying attach th noodle on the straps of the sock itself ? or on the rope that is connected to the boat ?
    Name:  20170206_105238.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  38.4 KB

Likes quadlee LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks will try this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast