Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oxymoron ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oxymoron ?

I am not the sort that lets snakes bother me and have always been fascinated with them . I might ketch them and admire them close up and used to collect a few for sale back in the day to the pet shops .
    But I did for sure get a chuckle out of this sign at the park yesterday . My first thought was ....to most this is for sure an Oxymoron ....
    Now onto the fish story, We hit a spot I have not visited in 30 years yesterday on a river that is known locally to hold lots of fish in the winter time . The Brazos river is home to several species of fish and we assaulted it in 3 boats . One boat took a few striped fish and some crappie and our boat and the second boat just hit the crappie .
    All 3 groups did well and we laughed it up and whacked em pretty good . Let lots of just there fish go back and kept a few for my bud to fillet at the ramp . The fish wanted a moving bait early and a vertical bait later in the day . Most of the fish seemed to be holding on Big rocks in the channels and along the drop offs .
    I used a GO GO minnow from fle fly early and really whacked them when they wanted it moving , I opted for the pearl version on a white jighead and it was a super lip smacker . I would pitch it to about 5 foot deep water and slow drag it off the ledges of the boulders and rock face . The fish never let it get to the 17 foot deep water.
    Brought back quite few memories and had a great time . My bud and captain of the boat got him a nice 17 foot Sea Ark and WOW did he get him a nice rig for 5 grand ....
    I wish I got a few graph photos but we was right busy snatching them out and never really had a chance , but to say the bait and fish were there in numbers would be an understatement for sure .
    Was a really fun trip and the folks I hit it with are lots of fun . Some of the folks in the bunch make baits and late in the day I used them and smoked the fish doing the vertical thing .
    I want to thank both Fle Fly and Team ricky and of course Collin for the boat ride and all the folks that made it a great trip.
    hope you enjoy the photos and read and as always...
    Stay tuned ....I will going extra shallow next week after the spawners that should start up next week or maybe the week after ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes ad1974, "D", S10CHEVY, slackline, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome display of "Ketchum"!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Boy Howdey yeah
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

"Beware of the Snakes .LOL Nice catch.Great time.Saw a Black snake here 1st ever in January.It was already harmed ran over by another vehicle.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job. Nice crappie.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish.
    dave
    in currituck

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You said: I would pitch it to about 5 foot deep water and slow drag it off the ledges of the boulders and rock face . The fish never let it get to the 17 foot deep water.

This is an oxymoron.

Your story is funny including your oxymoron.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

THAT WAS GREAT,A OXYMORON IS LARGE SWIMP,FRESH FROZEN ,AND WOMEN DRIVERS,OPHS,MAYBE I SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID THAT,LOL
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Man I always admire your post....Your are da MAN!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast