Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taneycomo crappie fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taneycomo crappie fishing?

I'll be up there next week sometime to spend time with a friend who is home from Taiwan for the first time in 2.5 years.

We'll be bank fishing. Has anyone tried it? I know the lake revolves around trout, but its my understanding that you can only catch and release trout this time of year.

Is there any other species we should get after?

Thanks!

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk
    Call me Cole.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about crappie in Taneycomo. You might be better off going to Table Rock for them.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=warnerwalter;3357862]I'll be up there next week sometime to spend time with a friend who is home from Taiwan for the first time in 2.5 years.

We'll be bank fishing. Has anyone tried it? I know the lake revolves around trout, but its my understanding that you can only catch and release trout this time of year.

Is there any other species we should get after?

In MO trout parks it is catch and release but NOT on taneycomo, catch your daily limit of trout! don't know anything about crappie there good luck

Post Thanks / Like

As already mentioned you can fish for and keep trout with permit. Way below the dam on tanycomo you can catch warmer water species but it is a good ways downstream. If you are bank fishing I would suggest powersite dam by Forsythe. The walleyes may even be in there then.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are bank fishing, try Fall Creek. We did that year ago during flood and we did very well there, using nightcrawlers of all things. go to bait store that's how we found out what to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from Taney on Thursday. We caught trout on gold spoons like crazy!!! Literally every cast at fall creek. As for crappie... I have done good by the Dam in the summer months on white marabou jigs. Both quantity and size. As for this time of year, Phil Lilly wrote a article on crappie and said he did good by the landing and around bass pro shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Dave! when fishing by dam what kind of structure are you fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

When i caught crappie up there, it was when they we flowing water and i fished current seams....apparently they use that as structure/ambush point. Guess i just stumbled into a HUGE school of them feeding on shad. How about you? Only structure i know around fall creek is the creek itself and the dock.

Post Thanks / Like

You can catch crappie off the wall by Bass Pro and from the bank in Roark creek. For trout fishing you can fish off the dock at Lilley's Landing even if you aren't staying there. Just check in at the office first. There are also public docks at the Cooper creek ramp and you can pay to fish off the dock at Fall Creek. No bait above Fall creek but you can catch and keep trout with a fishing license and trout stamp.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it has been stated yet or not, but you MUST have a trout stamp regardless if you plan on keeping any when you fish above the 65 bridge. If you're fishing below the bridge, you are only required to have a trout stamp if you plan on keeping trout.
    Likes LSL Angler LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast