Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doodle Socking Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doodle Socking Rod

Looking for suggestions on a decent rod for doodle sockin. Hopefully when you are done googling "doodle sockin" you will have time to make a suggestion Looking in the 10-12' range.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just get BnM's Ray Scott jiggerpole? Designed for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Why not just get BnM's Ray Scott jiggerpole? Designed for it.
    Didnt know about it. I will look at them.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Heaton

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion only I use Sams 9ft from BPS they are 2 piece but have held up well. I use 10lb 2lb diameter line and usually the 9 fter is long enough to reach the jig or the 10lb can mostly straighten the hook. all the rods above are a good choice. good luck with your fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion only I use Sams 9ft from BPS they are 2 piece but have held up well. I use 10lb 2lb diameter line and usually the 9 fter is long enough to reach the jig or the 10lb can mostly straighten the hook. all the rods above are a good choice. good luck with your fishing.

PS a friend of mine thought I was pulling his leg about Doodle socking he had never of such thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd Huckabee Pro series. Its 10' 6". Very stiff backbone and soft tip. You can pull a 2 lb'er to the top and flip him on the boat, no problem. Only downside is its a little heavier than most, but with a baitcaster on it, it will balance right in front of the reel. Best jigging/dippin pole out there!! IMHO. Second would be a BoneHead 10' er. These are Carbon rods. Light, plenty of backbone, but an be a little fragile during transport and knockin around the boat. Either of these rods are $90-$100 ea. Worth it!! You can get by with a lesser rod (I did for years!!!!), but why??? You wont regret it.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Doodlesocking/jiggerdoodling/doodling is bass fishing heavy vegetation with long stiff pole and usually about 3' of heavy 100lb braid. Just slapping the surface with a skirted hook causing a commotion that draws angry strikes from heavy bass. Dont think a Sam Heaton or any other panfish stick would fill the task unless his interpretation is something totally different. Most I have seen doing it use a 20' cane pole cut down to 12' - 14' to be strong enough. Heart attack fishing for sure.
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Doodlesocking/jiggerdoodling/doodling is bass fishing heavy vegetation with long stiff pole and usually about 3' of heavy 100lb braid. Just slapping the surface with a skirted hook causing a commotion that draws angry strikes from heavy bass. Dont think a Sam Heaton or any other panfish stick would fill the task unless his interpretation is something totally different. Most I have seen doing it use a 20' cane pole cut down to 12' - 14' to be strong enough. Heart attack fishing for sure.
    I agree. Would like to hear Kevin's interpretation on this technique.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast