Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish finders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish finders

What is the best fish finders with side image and down image and GPS and need to be able to mark way points and not break the bank

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm running the new Helix 5 unit's with SI and GPS. I wish the screen were bigger but they are good units and if those are the feature you want you can get one for less the $500
    Smile, it kills time between disasters!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dlogfish View Post
    I'm running the new Helix 5 unit's with SI and GPS. I wish the screen were bigger but they are good units and if those are the feature you want you can get one for less the $500
    Can you get down image too

Post Thanks / Like

I have the bottom of the line helix 5 right now but really want to upgrade and would like to keep it simple

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the si gps units also
    include down imaging. I also have a lakemaster maps card. Works pretty well.
    Smile, it kills time between disasters!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bird, Lowrance and Garmin all have good units that would meet your needs. Some units are on sale right now at cabelas, bass pro and other places. Call Brian at BBG marine. Give him your budget and what your looking for. He will walk you through it and give you the best deal on one that fits your needs. I have found him to not be biased to any one manufacturer.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes shortdraw LIKED above post

DaveB40 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Humminbird Gen2 or Gen2n provide extremely sharp images with the addition
    of "CHIRP" technology and "MEGA-imaging". Played with the Helix 10 at the Humminbird
    Seminar at the Grizzly Jig show by the pros from Humminbird and was impressed.
    I believe you can get the new technology in the Helix 7 on up. Be careful when buying
    on-line as many sellers are getting rid of the older stock (Not Gen2). Best of luck!!!
    Tight Lines - Dave
    "Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason" President Ronald Reagan

Proud Member of "TEAM GEEZER"

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas have been placing some of their 7" units on sale. In my opinion go 7" or bigger. I have a hummingbird 898ci at the steering wheel and a Lowrance hook 7 on the front. The front only has down scan. Side imaging was fun to look at for the first month and then I started looking at down and sonar.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappy Attitude View Post
    Cabelas have been placing some of their 7" units on sale. In my opinion go 7" or bigger. I have a hummingbird 898ci at the steering wheel and a Lowrance hook 7 on the front. The front only has down scan. Side imaging was fun to look at for the first month and then I started looking at down and sonar.

How are the Lowrance hook models a buddy has HD 10 I think with structure scan and we can't find fish on his boat or see anything like they show on tv

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oobuck View Post
    How are the Lowrance hook models a buddy has HD 10 I think with structure scan and we can't find fish on his boat or see anything like they show on tv

Works great for me. Took some time to figure it out as I often don't read manuals. I usually have it on sonar. It usually jives with what I see on my Hummingbird. I like the screen size.