Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Lining Pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Lining Pole

I am thinking of purchasing the, Wally Marshall Signature Series Spinning Reel WSP-100, tag teamed with the Wally Marshall IM8 Graphite pole ...

Do you think this pole would be good for long lining / slow trolling or just jigging?

I am also thinking of purchasing the Sam Heaton Signature Series.

My thing is, I don't want to spend $80 for a pole! I feel I am just buying the NAME and other poles out there could be cheaper and do the same thing.

Your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

There are tons of rods out there its all about what your wanting. I dont think there is one rod that will do everything..... I have never long lined but I spider rig, pull cranks, and jig fish. I use 14'ers for spider rigging and I wouldnt want to hold that thing all day jigging, I use a 10' rear seat jig pole for that. And for pulling cranks I have a little bit of everything from a 5 foot walmart special to a 14' southern crappie rod. From what i have read and seen long lining is sort of like pulling cranks you need to stagger the rod lengths to prevent tangles.
    Likes Jiggah LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not an elitist. I buy cheeeeep. I have a lot of Richard Williams original poles which I use mostly. 7 footers and 10 footers and a mix of cheep reels. Long lining is not scientific. Ima gonna make it scientific this spring.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Jiggah, Brimfisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at the BnM Richard Williams Crappie Wizard poles .... um, $79.99? Nope

I have a 8ft I been using as all purpose and it does good. Great tip action. I also have a 6ft shakespeare I use for casting the float n fly. I was wanting to get a 10 fter and use the 8 fter for jigging. Sometimes we bank fly n float .. sometimes we tight line minnows straight down .. sometimes we slow troll / long line.
    Last edited by Jiggah; 01-26-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jiggah my friend and I bought BPS Micro light 6' rods over 20 years ago. about $30 put on okuma reels $ 27.00 we were doing what we call dragging. Before spider rigging was popular here in missouri. we used 4lb fire line. one rod in each hand. caught limits every week putting the trolling motor on 12/2 and drug 1/4 oz. jigs over the flats. I now use the rods for dipping trees/ pile fishing and casting. Sorry got carried away. the new rods will do what ever you use them for. I had to replace one of the rods when I hooked it on the boat tie. IMHO get what you want but you don't have to pay top price. If you go to BPS look at their rods and place them along the St.Croix you can see they have the same action for $100 less. Good luck with your fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I went to BPS and they didn't have any 10fters ... buy them online I guess? I like to see it before I pay $60-80 ya know

Post Thanks / Like

You can long line with any rod if you pick up some mini planers
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Got this BnM for Christmas and love it. It is really light and just feels great in your hand.

I think the reel gets in the way for vertical jigging so I spent $14 on a Mr. Crappie in line reel. Kept the rig lite..

https://www.bnmpoles.com/p-78-bucks-...lite-pole.aspx
    USAF Retired - 1988 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I can't pull up that link. What's the name of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Use an ultra lite for long lining? Hey John, Youtube videos say this is best for jigging? Do you use this for trolling too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast