Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kissimmee river

Swanie Guest

Default Kissimmee river

Hi! Fished the Kissimmee river this morning. It sures was on the cool this morning.
    But the crappies were hitting real good. We caught 44 real nice crappies. Had one that went 14" and 3 that were in the 13" range. Boy, there were some real nice slabs of meat there.
    We were jigging for the crappies using red and white jigs and green with a yellow tail jig.
    Later Swanie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

whiplash Guest

Default kissimmee river

Quote Originally Posted by Swanie
    Hi! Fished the Kissimmee river this morning. It sures was on the cool this morning.
    But the crappies were hitting real good. We caught 44 real nice crappies. Had one that went 14" and 3 that were in the 13" range. Boy, there were some real nice slabs of meat there.
    We were jigging for the crappies using red and white jigs and green with a yellow tail jig.
    Later Swanie
    heh swainie where did you put your boat in {what ramp}?
    whiplash at sebring

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the good day, Swanie ! Not doing that well
    over here in Lake Placid !

Swanie Guest

I put in at Oak-a- Tannie here in Okeechobee and went up river about 2 miles.

whiplash Guest

Thumbs down kissimmee river

Quote Originally Posted by tnvol
    Congrats on the good day, Swanie ! Not doing that well
    over here in Lake Placid !
    heh vol we,re wintering at the wrong town
    whiplash

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Swanie keep the posts coming on the Okeechobee area. I will be down the week of 2/6/05 and need all the info on the action I can get. .

How is the lake these days? Some people have told me the bottom is all tore up from the canes and fishing can be tough on some days.

Are most people catching them in the river or out near Kings Bar area?

Keep the posts coming!

nate

Swanie Guest

Default Okeechobee

The crappie fishing has been great in the river and some of the cannels. Also did good in Tinhouse cove and Twin Palms area on the lake, but you had to be back in the weeds. But the lake is still a mess from the hurricans. They say it will take a year for it to settle down. Everyone is fishing the river, Kings Bar, Tinhouse cove, Twin Palms and Indian Prarie .
    Should be good fishing for the next week, with the full moon coming. The crappies are full of eggs now and they are getting ready to spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great. I can't wait to get down there and catch a few.
    We ususally put in at the River and fish the mouth and Kings bar. Hope they are biting good in a few weeks.

Take it easy and save me some!

Swanie Guest

Default kissimmee river

Hey Nate, what typy of crappie fishing do you do? Minnow and cork or do you jig for them? If you are cork fishing, you will have a lot of company in the river. No place else to go. How long are you going to be down here? Have you ever fished the everglades?

Later Swanie :D undefined

whiplash Guest

Default types

Quote Originally Posted by Swanie
    Hey Nate, what typy of crappie fishing do you do? Minnow and cork or do you jig for them? If you are cork fishing, you will have a lot of company in the river. No place else to go. How long are you going to be down here? Have you ever fished the everglades?

Later Swanie :D undefined
    heh swanie did you catch those fish with jigs or corks or jigs tipped with minnows ? I use jigs when fishin grass or pads but have better luck with horseheads with tubes tipped with minnows when the fish are in deeper open water you have better fishin in okee- than we do in ISTOPOPKA does the wind keep you off the water a lot ?
    whiplash at SEBRING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast