Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Storage Ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Storage Ideas

I'm trying to come up with a really good storage system for all my crappie fishing lures etc. I have a nice double tray box with lots of divisions that got me by for a long time but it was getting crowded and a little messy. All the new plastic bodies and jig heads I got for Christmas just pushed it over the edge. I want to keep all the different body styles and colors separate. All the different jig head styles, sizes and colors separate. Keep some crappie lures/ crank baits. I want to store floats, hooks and split shot for minnow dunkin. I would like a soft side tackle bag or a back pack with four to six nice trays with lots of divisions in them. I would like one bag that if I'm on my boat, a buddies boat, the shore or a dock I have everything I need for crappie fishing. I know I have seen bags like this before but can't seem to locate them now. I know there are a lot of good guys with lots of good answers out there. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!!!
    Likes Thunderingjoe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have this bag and it hold 4 boxes and has several other pockets on it. It holds a ton of stuff and has held up pretty well to. None of the zippers have fell apart and all of the stitching has held up. It dont take long to fill one up though!
    Likes Zinger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use these plastic shoe boxes:

Our Shoe Box | The Container Store

They're not something you'd take with you in the boat, but they're great for storing extra stuff at home. I currently have six. Half of those are filled with marabou jigs. The others contain soft plastics and fly fishing stuff.

They're cheap and very "stackable". Because they're clear, it's always obvious what's inside.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the largest bag Cabelas makes. I don't use their boxes. I find them to flimsy. LOL! I use Plano 3700: 6-24 boxes. I can put 14 boxes in my bag. Also, you can put 5 smaller boxes in the outer pockets. That's where I keep my corks and weights. I use Scotch Tape and a Sharpie to label the boxes on the ends. They make several smaller bags if thats what you need. Here's a few pics:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I fish 7 days a week; some days for fish, everyday for men.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Plano 3600 series boxes available just about everywhere. Then I put them in a duffel bag. I have two - one is a Plano one designed to hold the boxes like the one below.

Name:  duffle.jpg
Views: 2789
Size:  15.0 KB

The other is a bit smaller that I got for renewing my NRA membership.

I keep my Plano boxes on a shelf in my garage and add and subtract them to the duffel bags as conditions dictate.

In a big boat I may take both while a trip in my canoe warrants only one. It makes for a very customizable system. Plano also makes a 3700 series that is bigger. They make all sorts of special use boxes and some that you can change the sizes of the interior compartments which is the ones I use.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!
    Likes Zinger, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use the clear plastic shoe boxes. Leave your baits in the original package and stack them into the shoebox as neat as you can. I used notecards to separate different styles or colors (whatever the need calls for). They work very well in the boat. Nothing in the shoeboxes ever gets wet.

jigfisherx is online now Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the big bags with Plano 3600 boxes but I have found that some baits do better in original packages. They make a Plano box that is twice as deep which does a great job of holding the packages. Still use some smaller boxes with loose baits but this works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

I went thru this same process last year. I am no expert so take my opinion for what is worth. I decided to go with the Plano divided boxes for all the jig heads and cranks. I use these for my spider rigs.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/fishi..._SEQ_104620680

I found that keeping my plastic jigs in their original package works best for me so I have a rubber made tub similar to the ones others are showing as shoe boxes. Also helps me remember what the heck they are. I don't use a bag and just place the boxes and tubs in the boat storage compartment. This may be a problem if you go with other people in a different boat but I haven't fished out of another boat. It also allows me to make a quick switch for cat fishing as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell328 View Post
    I use the largest bag Cabelas makes. I don't use their boxes. I find them to flimsy. LOL! I use Plano 3700: 6-24 boxes. I can put 14 boxes in my bag. Also, you can put 5 smaller boxes in the outer pockets. That's where I keep my corks and weights. I use Scotch Tape and a Sharpie to label the boxes on the ends. They make several smaller bags if thats what you need. Here's a few pics:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    That is an awesome bag. What kind of crank baits are those??

I recently got a similar/smaller version from bass pro but is quickly filling up. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of smaller boxes to see if I can fit more lures.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would need a wheel barrow to move that much stuff. Better yet, a personal valet.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes wannabe fisherman, Zinger LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast