Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baitcast recomendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default baitcast recomendations

I'm about to go crazy trying to set up for spider rigging. What rods, what reels?. About decided to order 6 14ft bgjp rods from Grizzly but what decent baitcasters do yall recommend - don't want spinning and don't want to spend a lot. This is already getting to be a pretty pricey undertaking. What about the Quantums Grizzly sells? See where I can get 4 for $100 bucks from his ebay store. Thoughts. Thanks for your help. Been studying this site for days and weeks- lots of knowledge here.

Post Thanks / Like

Give grizzly jig company a call they are having the big spring sale they may have some good deals that are not on there online store. Also pm Rees guide over on the mississippi board he posted that he has 12 of them for sale! Mr. John is a great guy and will not do you wrong!
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/off-t...6-baitcasters/
    Likes skeetbum, Slabprowler LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

shakespeare "agility" . under 28.00 , good reels .

Post Thanks / Like

Look on ebay for Japanese casting reels. Shipping takes a while, but they work perfectly for what you want to do. All my spider rigging rods have these on them, and haven't had any problems. You wouldn't want to throw crankbaits all day with them, but they are fine and CHEAP for spider rigging.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes grizzrider09 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    shakespeare "agility" . under 28.00 , good reels .
    Like your avatar. Me too.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a cheap Shakespeare bait caster, too. I don't see any name or number on them, guess it all wore off. Had them for a lot of years with no problems.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Shakespeare axiom and haven't had any issues pulling cranks or whatever else I have done with em. Whatever you buy, loosen the drag some when you're done for the day and the drag will always be smooth. Has served me well doing this.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

i just pick up 8 slab daddy mc1h50 bait casters they are sweet for trolling
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

I have 8 of the Quantum Ultrex that Grizzly sells. They work fine. The only thing that I would change is if they had the Flippin switch. It would make it easier at times, but not a lot of new reels have that feature anymore and none at $25 ea. It does get expensive, especially when you randomly try stuff and it doesn't work out. I first tried spinning reels ... too much line twist! Probably my fault, but I was done with that! next bought the Mr Crappie mini baitcasters, much better, but the line will occasionally get between the sidecase and the spool and get in and around the internal gears. Always at a bad time and you have to take reels apart to fix the issue. No issues since I went with the Quantums!! I recommend.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I sell and use Bass Pro's Mega Cast.

Monk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast