PDA

View Full Version : Insurance is slowwwww......

BAMA S
01-23-2017, 07:24 PM
Glad I went to my local agent office today to inquire about my claim. They were waitn on a document that was sent by the local office over a week ago. This was office to office

deltabound
01-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Lee I been dealing with insurance for 3 weeks now on my truck. I'm just fit to be to be tied. I'm to the pint now where I think I'd be better off just putting those $ in a separate pot. Not to offend anybody out there but I'm putting insurance folks right up there with lawyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erin Brewer
01-24-2017, 08:55 AM
It was the same way with my wifes car wreck. They told me for a solid month that they were cutting the check to pay off the wrecked car. I finally got testy with them, come to find out they couldnt do anything without some form that they had not even sent me to sign. So you got to stay on them or they will push it off as long as possible.

chaunc
01-24-2017, 09:30 AM
It was the same way with my wifes car wreck. They told me for a solid month that they were cutting the check to pay off the wrecked car. I finally got testy with them, come to find out they couldnt do anything without some form that they had not even sent me to sign. So you got to stay on them or they will push it off as long as possible.
The longer they wait, the more interest they make on your money. Think about that for a minute.

BAMA S
01-24-2017, 04:29 PM
Whew. They said check was in the mail

cevans
01-24-2017, 08:09 PM
Whew. They said check was in the mail

That is the famous last saying!!!:Rofl Seriously tho, I hope so as I know it can be a pita.:cheers2

Javelin 180
01-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Insurance places definitely don't get in a hurry when there paying out.

BAMA S
01-27-2017, 05:53 PM
Wow they sent check in three days when they finally received everything.

Hanr3
01-28-2017, 12:05 AM
Just like everybody else, they have a process and documents that must be completed. I ask for a name and number. Then ensure everything I need to do is done, then call to ensure they received it, then ask what is next and when that will be completed. I stay on top of their processes. Keeps me in the loop and them on task. The guy on the other end of the line is just doing his 9-5.

Alphahawk
01-28-2017, 09:22 AM
Sorry to hear you had that trouble...I am sure that is very frustrating. I have had USAA insurance for a long time. I have had several vehicle claims over the years and have to say I am always amazed at how they do business. Get an estimate from a repair guy....then they call me up and ask me do I want a check or just direct deposit.....I always get direct deposit and it is in the bank minutes after we hang up the phone. Had a computer rider on my renter policy about 6 years back. Lightning hit the house and while no damage to the house it took out computer. They set up a 3 way call with myself and Dell. I had built the computer myself..it was not a Dell PC....but they were using Dell for the estimate. Which was fine with me. Told the lady what I had and the Dell lady would tell what the price was....after the total was added the Dell lady got off the line and USAA wanted to know how I wanted my money...direct deposit and I went out that afternoon and bought a new Mac. I wish they did boat insurance but they subcontract it out.

Regards

Spaceman
01-28-2017, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear you still dealing with this. Insurance companies and lawyers...hmm?

BAMA S
01-28-2017, 02:27 PM
Sorry to hear you still dealing with this. Insurance companies and lawyers...hmm?
No I've been paid already. Just had to follow up to get the ball rolling.