Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some wisdom needed: Fixing to buy my first new boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some wisdom needed: Fixing to buy my first new boat.

Looking to get my first new boat. I primarily spider rig and troll crank baits. Right now, I'm really looking at the Lowe 175 and the G3 sportsman 17 or the 17-PFX. Is there any advantage to either boats layout for the way I fish? Would a center console work better? Any tips for easing into the buying process? Thanks guys.
    I'm so broke, I cain't even pay attention!!!

Post Thanks / Like

First of all you can't be broke. lol. With you being in La, I would go with the center console in a War Eagle salt water version so you can fish both. They customize.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If those were my only 2 choices I would go with the Lowe because of the wider front deck and wider overall stance. Be much more stable. I'm like speclocker if money is not the deciding factor would sure look at Wareagle Blackhawk series of boats.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everything said. The lower is more stable but the g3 will handle ruff water better. If I was going to go with a center console I would definitely go with a saltwater motor so I could inshore fish to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

From looking at those options they would all work it will come down to personal preferance. The G3 17 pfx does come with two live wells and already has the three pedestal bases up front. The PFX would be hard to pass up if the price was right. But what everyone else has said. If you are ordering new give war eagle a look, they are great boats.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Lowe Stinger 195, great fishing boat has 2 live wells one being up front and also has the three pedestals up front for side by side fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My lowe has two live well also. And two bases up front as well. Mine is a 175 .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    If those were my only 2 choices I would go with the Lowe because of the wider front deck and wider overall stance. Be much more stable. I'm like speclocker if money is not the deciding factor would sure look at Wareagle Blackhawk series of boats.
    I am bias, sorry. Consider War Eagle. I like the idea of putting a saltwater motor on it if you plan on brackish or saltwater. If true don't forget to consider a galvanized trailer.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!
    Likes blue-jig LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jahollis2 View Post
    Looking to get my first new boat. I primarily spider rig and troll crank baits. Right now, I'm really looking at the Lowe 175 and the G3 sportsman 17 or the 17-PFX. Is there any advantage to either boats layout for the way I fish? Would a center console work better? Any tips for easing into the buying process? Thanks guys.
    I know where a nice g3 is for sale
    Used very little

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after boat shopping today just about all boat that I've looked at, Lowe, g3, ranger and triton are all about 1500$ apart from each other. The g3 18 CC is looking better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast