Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bob & Mike

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob & Mike

How did the two of you do in the tournament this past weekend? We are all waiting for a report.

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S10CHEVY
    How did the two of you do in the tournament this past weekend? We are all waiting for a report.

Sorry it took so long. We did very well. We finished 8th out of 150 teams. The top 15 teams go to the championship which will be held in december in Alexandria minnesota.
    We had a great time. We are going to fish in New York next week end the 29th and 30th. Hopefully we can win that event. Now heres the story of why we didn't win! I had a giant bluegill( over a pound) come and take my bait and when I set the hook the bail popped open and did not get a good hook set when I closed the bail the line looped around the reel and jammed. I had to hand line the fish and the hook popped out. 5 minutes later Mike came over to me and told me that he had just broken a fish off and it was sitting at the bottom of his hole trying to spit the hook.
    We did not win from a lack of oppertunity, we just did not capitalize on the ones that we did have. Maybe next week we can get that turned around.
    Next week Mike and I are going to sit down with Ice Team and pick there brains about running tournaments and the organization. Hopefully we can gleen some info for our club. We have told them about it and they are interested in helping us out. I will let you know how that goes when we get back.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G
    Sorry it took so long. We did very well. We finished 8th out of 150 teams. The top 15 teams go to the championship which will be held in december in Alexandria minnesota.
    We had a great time. We are going to fish in New York next week end the 29th and 30th. Hopefully we can win that event. Now heres the story of why we didn't win! I had a giant bluegill( over a pound) come and take my bait and when I set the hook the bail popped open and did not get a good hook set when I closed the bail the line looped around the reel and jammed. I had to hand line the fish and the hook popped out. 5 minutes later Mike came over to me and told me that he had just broken a fish off and it was sitting at the bottom of his hole trying to spit the hook.
    We did not win from a lack of oppertunity, we just did not capitalize on the ones that we did have. Maybe next week we can get that turned around.
    Next week Mike and I are going to sit down with Ice Team and pick there brains about running tournaments and the organization. Hopefully we can gleen some info for our club. We have told them about it and they are interested in helping us out. I will let you know how that goes when we get back.
    Good going guys!!! 8th out of 150 teams, is something to be proud of. One can't always have everything go their way, it is just a part of life. You will look back on it one day, and have some very good memories.