Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranger 191 Cayman

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ranger 191 Cayman

Anybody familiar with this boat. How would it handle rough water.

Post Thanks / Like

On line with Hewes Redfisher and Maverick Master Angler. Good ride and good manners on trolling motor. Bear on the pole but tend to track well. Big nasty water boat they are not. Not a true technical poling skiff either. Lots of boats in this skiff/bay market.
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You asked about Nautistar boats earlier and I forgot to reply. My buddy has a 20 ft. with a 150 4stroke Yamaha. It is a really nice rig, stable and dry. Tops out around 45MPH.

Name:  Photo0288.jpg
Views: 1881
Size:  47.9 KB
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

BAMA, for where you are it would probably do just fine. Huntinslabs hit it on the head. Those boats aren't built for truly nasty water like Guntersville can turn into in a blink. You would get home but it would test your boatmanship. Just my opinion.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    BAMA, for where you are it would probably do just fine. Huntinslabs hit it on the head. Those boats aren't built for truly nasty water like Guntersville can turn into in a blink. You would get home but it would test your boatmanship. Just my opinion.
    Still wouldn't it be better than the tin I'm running?

Post Thanks / Like

Those are interesting, kinda like a bass boat hull only center console and no carpet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feeshrman View Post
    Those are interesting, kinda like a bass boat hull only center console and no carpet.

Chris. I went over a skeeter SX 210 and wanted it bad. Just felt it was underpowered with a 150

Post Thanks / Like

I've looked at the Skeeter SX 210 also. Don't let the 150 scare you, from what I understand you will only get about a 5 mph increase with a 200. Bay boats are built for a smooth ride and comfort, not speed. I came close to getting one myself, if I had not bought my Skeeter ZX 200 at a steal I would have a SX 210 today. My plan is to keep the bass boat a couple years and then step up to the SX 210.

The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

What price did you see on the SX 210 in your area? That's good info on the speeds.

Post Thanks / Like

Bama there is a pile of bay/flats boats. Some have a long lineage with the offshore market not just jumping in like Skeeter and Ranger. Scout, Key West, Hewes, Shearwater, Blazer Bay, Sportsman, SeaHunt, Egret etc. If you were closer I would gladly take you out in my 18' bay and let ya see the difference first hand. I think your making a great choice leaning to the bay boats. Just take your time looking em over and thehulltruth as well as floridasportsman forums have a pile of knowledge on these lines makers, much like bassboatcentral for bass boats and walleyecentral for multi species rigs. Some are faster than others and some ride better. Mine is 18' and has max 90hp and full up gas, ice, tackle, livewells, baitwells 2 people will run 38.7gps. Not a rocket but a great ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast