Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Point 1 location

Post Thanks / Like

Default Point 1 location

Any opinions before drilling. This location clears the back door from hitting when opened and is only 1-2 feet to the right of being over transducer. Anything else I need to be thinking about?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  42.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  45.6 KB

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Test the spot with a cheap handheld magnetic compass ... (even test with the outboard running) ...

If the needle on the handheld compass moves at all in that exact spot = there is magnetic interference in that spot that will adversely affect the Point 1 operation ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    Test the spot with a cheap handheld magnetic compass ... (even test with the outboard running) ...

If the needle on the handheld compass moves at all in that exact spot = there is magnetic interference in that spot that will adversely affect the Point 1 operation ...

Rickie
    Do like rnvinc suggests,I had problems with mine and swiped a cheap compass by where it was mounted and the compass hand moved a very small amount.I remounted it in another place where the compass wasn't affected and it works great

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Instead of drilling and mounting with screws I mounted the one on my boat with industrial strength Velcro and it has held up well for several years now.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RogerA View Post
    Instead of drilling and mounting with screws I mounted the one on my boat with industrial strength Velcro and it has held up well for several years now.
    And make sure you use the screws that come with the point one or non magnetic screws

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RogerA View Post
    I just used silicone to mount mine. It gets stepped on by guests from time to time but so far never has shown any signs of coming loose. Couldn't bear the thought of drilling any more holes in my boat.

Bobby McGaha
    3250 Harrison St. Ste. 300
    Batesville, AR 72501
    870-612-5300

Securities offered through First Allied Securities, Inc., A Registered Broker/Dealer. Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through First Allied Advisory Services, Inc. A Registered Investment Adviser.