Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rigging a New Ranger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rigging a New Ranger

I want to rig my new Ranger 188VS for spider rigging. Have any of you Ranger owners out there put dual seating in the bow for this purpose? I was advised that the factory had to do it when you ordered you boat, or else you need one of the other options like the Wally Marshall set up. I saw a while back in one of the crappie publications where Tite-Lok had a dual seating set-up, but I haven't been able to find it on their website. Do they still make such a unit? Any advice would be appreciated.

crappieranger
    You don't know if you don't go.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the double seat from tite-lok. It works well in the front or also in the back when fishing three trolling in the spring. They are expensive but were designed to fit the ranger boats. They are very adjustable to fit most fishing styles.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Ranger dealer to mount two pedistal bases in the front so I could fish two people. It was no problem. My boat is longer than yours so you need to see if your bases when mounted would mount in the deck or if they would have to be mounted in your lids. Mine are mounted in front of my rod boxes.