Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance 480 GPS/FF

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance 480 GPS/FF

The 480 is the black and white, less expensive GPS/fishinder made by Lowrance. Is this unit adequate to put you on specific waypoints? Does it get the job done? Can anybody share their knowledge? I hope it is a good unit because I had it installed in the console of my new boat.

crappieranger
    You don't know if you don't go.

Post Thanks / Like

crappieranger I am using a Eagle fish easy for the past I would say (9) yrs it isn't anything with GPS,any Lowrance should good it is just people want the latest and greatest and most want it in color like Roland Martin, Jimmy Houston, and all the other pros, I catch just as many fish with my cheap Eagle, Just try it, you have to like it know.

Post Thanks / Like

crappieranger i have the Lowrance 480 and really like it.The GPS will get you as close as any commercial unit. The color units are Little easier to see in the sun glare. the tracking feature is the one that I find most useful.
    born to Fish, forced to work

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and generally are within 3 ft of my waypoint. The only problem is that it requires an additional power source for the antenna. It does lose the WAAS often. You may need to adjust the sensativity and contrast. Those that have fished with me often want to buy it compared to ones on their boats.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !