PDA

View Full Version : Wife wants to use the truck this week

Ketchn
01-16-2017, 12:21 PM
:banghead .....great just great ....but sometimes one must yield to the authorities don't ya know ....rotfl
so I said ok ok ok ....but first before it leaves the scene .....
let me grab a few things out of the backseat please ......:Rofl

Fatman
01-16-2017, 12:41 PM
Sure don't want stuff dumped on top of those or to disappear!! Naw a loving wife wouldn't get rid of our stuff would they?:Rofl

Spaceman
01-16-2017, 08:40 PM
Of course you have to say yes. Now that you have the important fishing instruments I guess you get to take her car fishing?:dono

Redge
01-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Of course you have to say yes. Now that you have the important fishing instruments I guess you get to take her car fishing?:dono

Seems fair to me!

skeetbum
01-17-2017, 08:04 PM

I'm all over that too!! My old 67 Bel Air had standard equipment in the trunk all the time. Don't get the time for that here lately.

midland
01-18-2017, 10:19 AM
I hate it when that happens. But what can you say.

hdhntr
01-18-2017, 03:22 PM
that's when I figured out that put the back seat arm rest down, opens up trunk to front of honda can get my long jigging rods in like that to winshield. one has to adapt.

hdhntr
01-18-2017, 03:23 PM
real question ketchn is does she REALLY need the truck for something or is this just little control mechanism?

Ketchn
01-19-2017, 07:20 AM
Her lil red Honda had to go get the hail damage fixed and she didn't want to drive the rental .....so I tossed a few rods in the Jeep rental thing from enterprise and dint look back .....kinda nice having a rental .....no one knew I was around at both spots I hit yesterday until one or 4 recognized me ....lol keep hoody up and look down .....or they might follow you around don't ya know .....

Gansett
01-24-2017, 10:01 PM
This is exactly why manufacturers should provide us with manual transmissions again. Problem solved. Some folks tease me about my 2009 Ford Ranger, but dear wife never borrows it. If I could buy an F150 with manual trans, I'd jump on it. Did I mention I'm 75 years old and maybe this is a throwback to my young days.

Ketchn
01-26-2017, 06:45 AM
my other half can drive a standard .....LOL .....its a no win situation ....but the good news is her Honda is back and I am on my trusty steed once again

shipahoy41
01-26-2017, 08:28 AM
If you are wise you will say "Yes dear" and get your rods and gear and put them in your back up truck. If you do not have one then you have the perfect excuse to go and buy yourself one. Just say " Baby, I love you enough to purchase you your own truck." Done deal.

Cane Pole
01-26-2017, 04:53 PM
:banghead .....great just great ....but sometimes one must yield to the authorities don't ya know ....rotfl
so I said ok ok ok ....but first before it leaves the scene .....
let me grab a few things out of the backseat please ......:Rofl

Ur pole and winder collection looks like mine. Mix and match.

Central Minn
01-27-2017, 01:45 PM
This is exactly why manufacturers should provide us with manual transmissions again. Problem solved. Some folks tease me about my 2009 Ford Ranger, but dear wife never borrows it. If I could buy an F150 with manual trans, I'd jump on it. Did I mention I'm 75 years old and maybe this is a throwback to my young days.

Won't stop my wife, her first two cars had 5 speed manuals, when we were dating she was working in the city,I'd carefully (farm boy)drive to her apartment and then she'd drive....my right leg would get tired from stomping the floor board, I never heard a inline four cylinder touch the redline so much between lights.

Ketchn
01-29-2017, 07:25 AM
Ur pole and winder collection looks like mine. Mix and match.
Lol .....I move reels around on rods and have this reel on that rod and so on all the time .....something in my brain says ...wonder how that will work and I start my experiment ........I never seem to have the perfect set up ....
some get really close , but never exactly
the perfect storm scenario .......:Rofl

Slab
01-29-2017, 07:41 AM

Yeah, driving a manual won't stop my wife either, or my 3 daughters for that matter. All I ever owned, and what I provided to them to drive when they were young, were all stick shifts. It's the only way to fly, in touch, and in control. I just got an F250, and sure as I'm sitting here, if a stick were available, I woulda got it! I'm not a big fan of slush boxes. Wifey and I still have manual tranny cars we drive, all except for the truck. Which I do love even though it's a slush box. The reason I love it is the seating position. It's like sitting at the kitchen table, straight and upright. My bad back never complains when I get out of the truck, but when I have to crawl out of the cars, I literally have to crawl out! ouch!