Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Info!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Info!

allrighty, here's what i want to do. i'm tired of ice fishing in a half-a@#$d manner here around st. louis in the winter. we had our coldest stretch in 25 years and most of our lakes only built up maybe 4" of ice. next winter, i want to come up north for 4-7 days to really ice fish, in a shanty and everything. Wisonsin, Southern Minnesota, very northern illinois, i don't want to go farther than maybe 4 hours north of chicago area. i'm doing research on this now though. when do you think would be a good time to do this? lake options? i would need one with a lodge or something real close where i could sleep. just looking for some info from the people that know. thanks in advance.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

i'm not necessarily looking for any species specifically, walleye would be cool, but really i just like to pull fish out of a hole in the ice.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Try John and Patti at http://www.rockyreef.com/ on Mille Lacs Lake in central Minnesota.A premier walleye factory!

Tell em' I sent you.

They have everything for walleye,and jumbo perch.:D

Here's a pic I took of their Lodge

Last edited by CrappieMagnet; 02-24-2007 at 08:52 PM.
    CrappieMagnet