Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: a man should know when to stay home....

Post Thanks / Like

Default a man should know when to stay home....

it was tough on wateree today. me, wesley and brian got there at daylight and i figgered we was in trouble as soon as i seen how the wind had the water whipping. and with the temp so low, every drop of water that blew in the boat froze rock hard. we was bundled up like eskimos and still the wind was cuttin us like razors. the nets was freezin open, the drift socks would freeze running from one drift to the next, line was freezin on the reels, the aerator lid froze shut and had to be pryed open with a screwdriver. the cold had killed most of our shiners. we stood it till twelve thirty then loaded up and headed home. no fish caught. we run into marty, danny and ross and they had picked up one fish. dont know how long they stayed after that as we dint see em again. sometimes a man should let his common sense reign supreme and this morning was one of them days. wesley did give me som photos of his recent trip to santee which i will post shortly.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    Last year on wylie I went out a few times when the weather was like this and the minnow net froze to the boats carpet and half of the minnows in my bucket died from the cold. It's a wonder that the whole dang boat didn't freeze up on the trailer!
    tool most all them big shiners we had died due to gettin so cold. they cant take the cold like the small ones can. one morning awhile back on two mornings the boat did freeze to the trailer and dint want to float free. it stuck to the runners this morning but come loose after a little soak in the water before we tried to take it off. it actually wouldnt have been all that bad if it hadnt been for the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

The wind blowing 15 to 25 was the reason for the pink legs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver
    The wind blowing 15 to 25 was the reason for the pink legs.
    yeah, and that 5 to 10 we was supposed to had has me skeptical of any guy that calls himself a weather forcaster

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trade ya some weather?

Hey, I'll trade you some of that balmy weather you are having for some of my N.E. PA weather. Tonight's low is -3 and the wind chills tomorrow day are -13 to -23! Snows a little everyday. I work for the state highway dept plowing and salting and New Years day was the last day I had off. Sure do enjoy reading you fellows posts about fishing though. Bout the only thing I can enjoy now!