PDA

View Full Version : Trouble when replying to a post

M R Dux
01-15-2017, 09:56 AM
I know this sounds strange and since I know almost nothing about troubleshooting computer problems, I thought I'd ask here.

When I am on this site and I go to REPLY to a post, my typing contains no spaces. I have to go back and manually place spaces where they go. My message is one big word. Typing this post, there are spaces where they belong. This is the only place I have ever seen this happen. My wife thinks it is something I am doing wrong or not doing at all. I have no idea why it happens. It happens on our home computer but not my studio computer.

Ideas?

Thunderingjoe
01-15-2017, 09:58 AM
I know this sounds strange and since I know almost nothing about troubleshooting computer problems, I thought I'd ask here.

When I am on this site and I go to REPLY to a post, my typing contains no spaces. I have to go back and manually place spaces where they go. My message is one big word. Typing this post, there are spaces where they belong. This is the only place I have ever seen this happen. My wife thinks it is something I am doing wrong or not doing at all. I have no idea why it happens. It happens on our home computer but not my studio computer.

Ideas?
I don't have any idea but I'm following to see if someone does. Good luck.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

deathb4disco
01-15-2017, 10:58 AM
I had the same problem on another forum.

Try this: when you click on "Reply", the message box opens up. Above the space where you type, there are three rows of tool bars (font, size, color, etc.) In the top tool bar, the far left box shows "A/A". Before you begin typing, click on this box. Then, type away.

That fixed it for me.

M R Dux
01-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Thanks. That worked this time. A whole lot nicer than having to insert spaces.

"G"
01-15-2017, 04:12 PM
Yay.....yep hit the A's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk 2

Countryboy N.C.
01-15-2017, 08:00 PM
I have the same problem ever time, thats a lot of trouble having to click on the a's first. this just started a while back, something changed.

Slab
01-15-2017, 08:24 PM
Nothing has changed that I knowing of. But I've seen the issue myself. Thanks for identifying a work around dbd. I am considering a software upgrade to the message board software in general just to get it up to currency. Maybe it will fix this kind of stuff. Thanks for pointing it out Doug.

algenco
01-16-2017, 12:08 AM
Won't let me edit, delete is the only option

Alphahawk
01-16-2017, 12:15 AM
I get same when using Google Chrome. Using Safari it does not happen. It is not specific to crappie.com....when using Chrome it does it on all forums I am on.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

algenco
01-16-2017, 12:28 AM
Thanks, I bet that's the same reason some pictures don't show

"G"
01-16-2017, 07:48 AM
Won't let me edit, delete is the only option

You have a 30 minute time limit on edit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk 2

blue-jig
01-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Good question. I'm glad someone asked! Now if I could just get my picture rotated to where it is upright, I'd be in great shape! ha.

rnvinc
01-16-2017, 09:28 PM
Good question. I'm glad someone asked! Now if I could just get my picture rotated to where it is upright, I'd be in great shape! ha.

The pic you took for your avatar is most likely a phone pic taken in portrait mode ...

Phone pics have an orientation tag that the vbulletin software of the forum cannot read and therefore cannot rotate your pic correctly ...

If you still have the original pic - you can import the original into some type of editing software (Photoshop, Microsoft Paint, Open Offic Draw, etc) and simply re-save the original as a new file with a different name ... (which saves the new copy without the orientation tag embedded) ...

Then use this "new" copy of the original to add to your avatar in your user profile in the forum ...

Rickie

CrappiePappy
01-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Rnvinc is correct .... if you take a cellphone pic with the phone held upright (portrait mode), it will sometimes post laying on its left side (landscape mode). If you take the pic with the top of the phone to your left, the pic will post upside down. So, if you take the pic with the top of the phone pointing to your right, it should post in the upright position.

How in the world you managed to get a pic to be rotated 1/4 turn to the right is beyond me :scratchhead ... unless you took the pic with the phone upside down :dono

blue-jig
01-16-2017, 11:12 PM
I have no idea how I did that. Ha! Whoever took the pic was talented I guess! :dono

Nunk 2
01-17-2017, 12:39 AM
I was having same issue, only I couldn't type. I had to hit each key a couple times for it to take. Clicked on the A/A and it works fine now. Still can't type worth a dang but hunt and peck is good enough I reckon.