Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Old Time Fishing Secrets by Dan Eggertsen?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions on Old Time Fishing Secrets by Dan Eggertsen?

First off let me say I am in no way associated with this program, but in the search to become a better crappie fisherman I ran across this on the internet. Just wondering if any Crappie.com folks may have bought this and what their opinions are. Without a high recommendation I would definitely not spend this much. Crappie.com is the best place I have found to learn about crappie fishing other than time on the water. Did any Crappie.com guys contribute to this? Below is a link.http://www.OldSchoolFishingSecrets.com/go/oscf/friday/list

Thanks,
    Flintcreek

Post Thanks / Like

I think I remember this coming up before. The consensus was that it was an "Old School Rip Off".
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money...I bought into it and promptly returned it for a refund. We had been crappie fishing for about a year when I bought it. I was desperate to gain as much knowledge as I could. Much of the information contained in the packet was info we already had figured out on our own.

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You will find a lot more on here for a whole lot less .and you get to meet some of the greatest folks .im not good at it at all but I'm am much better than I was when I started .the more you go the more you know . Hang in their it gets better. The hardest part for me still yet is to slow down .
    Too blessed to be stressed!
    Likes Dollfly, funfishers, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The search bar is free....
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I am of work with my back right now and not able to get out on the water so I all I can do is lay around taking it easy and surf the net or read and study up on my Crappie fishing. I am in agreement Crappie.com is the best information I have found.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a "salesman" ... but, whether or not he's a "fisherman", I'm dubious. From what I can gather from his "ads", he basically takes info from various sources and just regurgitates it. His "info" is then packaged in these extensively long web promos, with all kinds of "guarantees".

He's even gone so far as to use terminology that I MADE UP ... namely "Vertical Casting" which I wrote an article on, almost 15yrs ago, & posted here. No credit given, no attempt to contact me about the article (that I'm aware of), and no mention of the fact that "he" didn't invent the term (but simply took it off the internet). Since I "invented" the term, I seriously doubt any of his "old school secrets" buddies ever uttered it.

He's also the same guy that had a "1947 secret weapon" ad .... that turned out to be a $200 underwater 12V green light But, that wasn't the "red flag" that alerted me to the sales tactics of this guy ... it was the fact that the ad stated that you had to hurry up and order within the next few days or chance missing out on the deal. The problem (red flag) is ... it was STILL saying that same thing months later, even YEARS later. And it STILL DOES !!
    Likes funfishers, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Such a shame that so many make, or try to make a living off honest, trusting people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    He's a "salesman" ... but, whether or not he's a "fisherman", I'm dubious. From what I can gather from his "ads", he basically takes info from various sources and just regurgitates it. His "info" is then packaged in these extensively long web promos, with all kinds of "guarantees".

He's even gone so far as to use terminology that I MADE UP ... namely "Vertical Casting" which I wrote an article on, almost 15yrs ago, & posted here. No credit given, no attempt to contact me about the article (that I'm aware of), and no mention of the fact that "he" didn't invent the term (but simply took it off the internet). Since I "invented" the term, I seriously doubt any of his "old school secrets" buddies ever uttered it.

He's also the same guy that had a "1947 secret weapon" ad .... that turned out to be a $200 underwater 12V green light But, that wasn't the "red flag" that alerted me to the sales tactics of this guy ... it was the fact that the ad stated that you had to hurry up and order within the next few days or chance missing out on the deal. The problem (red flag) is ... it was STILL saying that same thing months later, even YEARS later. And it STILL DOES !!
    Hey "PAPPY" you remember the old movie "Mans Favorite Sport"??
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabprowler View Post
    You will find a lot more on here for a whole lot less .and you get to meet some of the greatest folks .im not good at it at all but I'm am much better than I was when I started .the more you go the more you know . Hang in their it gets better. The hardest part for me still yet is to slow down .
    Thank the Lord that C.Com is a teaching website. You will learn much more here and also by searching "Crappie" on You Tube than many of the books that are currently being distributed.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast