Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shakespere micro series rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shakespere micro series rods

Has anyone tried the 5ft or 5ft6in gray mico rods at Wal-Mart. They are made by Shakespeare. Feel really nice for $17
    Fish like your hungry!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I got an ultra-lite a few months back for under 10.00 . will be used to drop shot bream . They are not cadillacs, but hey I drive a ford 150 also .

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a 5'6" and currently have 2-- 7' micro graphite rods that are up near the top for most versatile rods for what we do. Casting, jigging, trolling, jig and cork.....What have you, it does it very well. Low price and a good tool for your box.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I was impressed by their weight and action. Also a rod with a jig keeper under 17 bucks. I bought a couple to try for my boys.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I am testing one I got at that spot for 14 bux myself .....the 5 6 .....a bit light but way fun with 4 lb test ....
    not much of a hook set but it bends like heck on a ten inch crappie ......lol
    So far it is my play with them off and under the docks .....durable and cheap .....
    I imagine it's a superb bream rod and will use it this spring a bit on them ......
    It ain't enough rod for a 2 lb fish though and anything with size is tough to handle on it !
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

A good rod for the $$, if it breaks, go buy another and you're not out a bunch of $$. Keep the receipt and exchange it. LOL
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

In my home lake 9.5 to 11.5 inch fish are the norm so not worried about a 2lb fish. I wish I was.lol
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

They had a the 7 footers on clearance this past summer for $8 at Walmart. I bought the three they had but have not had a chance to use them yet. I tried to buy some more at different stores but they were only on clearance at my local store.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the 7' over the 5'6", the longer casts and better hook sets, but the little 5'6" is a lot of fun with a 15" bass on.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 7'er and love the thing. I use it for everything from bream to pulling cranks in the summer. Has held up to 8lb cats a few 4 and 5lb bass. They are well worth the $$$
    Likes flintcreek LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast