HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: am I cheap?

Post Thanks / Like

Default am I cheap?

With the temperatures down to -2. I have been looking at fishing catalogs. I saw some Shimano spinning reels for $799.00 . Could I tell the difference in the quality? The most expensive reels I have are Pfluger Presidents. To be honest , there are some reels that I have purchased recently that were cheaper and seemed to perform just as well. Owning a reel that is $799.00, is this a status symbol or am I just cheap. I guess the bottom line is you don't have to break the bank to catch fish, regularly. I fish with Berkly Cherrywood rods and can buy many for the price of an expensive rod. I can snap the tip on a $20.00 rod just as easy as an expensive one. I hope this doesn't make me a cheap skate. Then again, maybe it does!!!!!!!! Crappie1133
    Likes funfishers, Tomcat12, snake River LIKED above post

Takeum is online now Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of those high dollar rods have lifetime warrenty against just about anything,,, you break it,,, they replace it,,, you loose it,,m they replace it,,m If it falls out of a plane and lands somewhere in Atlantic Ocean,,, they replace it, So it pays off buying some stuff that is high dollar, cause it's the last pole you' ll ever have to buy,,,,Unless of course you want two of them,,,
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie1133 View Post
    With the temperatures down to -2. I have been looking at fishing catalogs. I saw some Shimano spinning reels for $799.00 . Could I tell the difference in the quality? The most expensive reels I have are Pfluger Presidents. To be honest , there are some reels that I have purchased recently that were cheaper and seemed to perform just as well. Owning a reel that is $799.00, is this a status symbol or am I just cheap. I guess the bottom line is you don't have to break the bank to catch fish, regularly. I fish with Berkly Cherrywood rods and can buy many for the price of an expensive rod. I can snap the tip on a $20.00 rod just as easy as an expensive one. I hope this doesn't make me a cheap skate. Then again, maybe it does!!!!!!!! Crappie1133
    YOU WAN'T BE IN THE BOAT ALONE FRIEND .

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not cheap just frugal. They are for people that have lots of money and want miss a couple thousand. Me it would hurt my pocketbook if I spent that much. Course then again I can't say much as I have 2 ultreras trolling motors.

Post Thanks / Like

There will always be a market for expensive tackle, just like there will always be markets for expensive cars, clothes, houses, etc.
    Likes Crestliner08, wicklundrh LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Pflueger makes most Bass Pro's reels, I consider a top line company, but most of their reels are medium priced and work great, Cherry wood rods and many more are priced right and do a great job. I could not see me buying a super high priced rod or reel. but that is me! More power to the person who wants to go with the best of the best.

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When you have a 100,000 dollar boat sponsor,100,000 dollar truck sponsor, Bass Pro sponsor,Not to mention his million dollar house.What's an 800.00 reel going to matter on your 800.00 dollar Rod's.On ya his cloths sponsor ect. KVD. The #1 Bassfishermen in the world.An 800 dollar reel to him is nothing.He probably has 8 or 10.LOL Must be nice.LOL
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What about 200 dollar line welder and 100 dollar line cutter. Yes I am cheap and tie my own hooks.

Tauten Sports - Home Of The Tauten Line Welder
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie1133 View Post
    Nope!
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Would I buy it? No, but one of my fishing clients years back had booked a trophy bass trip to Castaic in California.
    The guide told to buy the best spinning reel he could afford.
    The guy spent about $150
    They used 6lb test and soft craws @ 40-50 ft.
    The fellow said after he broke off the 3rd fish the guide let him use his $600 outfit.
    Got 2 More big fish bites, landed both he said they were both over 14lb
    He had one of those high dollar reels when he fished with me

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast