Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with a fishfinder decision?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with a fishfinder decision?

Okay, if you read my post about deciding on a trolling motor, you know what my tax return is going towards. Boat upgrades! I am trying to decide between three identically priced fish finders: Lowrance x96, Humminbird 565, or Eagle 480? I am not ready to drop the $$$ on a color graph just yet, and currently have an old EAGLE up front that I will be replacing with, hopefully, a better unit. Does anyone have experience or opinions about any of these units? I will be mounting the transducer to the trolling motor, assuming I don't go ahead and buy the Minnkota PDV2 with universal sonar already built in. Please help me spend my money.:D Thank you.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the Eagle Fishmark 480 last October and I am very pleased with the way it performs. Of course, I have used nothing but Eagles since 1990. Visit the website www.eaglesonar.com. Download the free emulator software for the 480. This PC application simulates the actual sonar unit on your computer. You can run it with your mouse to press the virtual keys. By using this feature, I was able to master the unit before I ever got on the water.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I just put the eagle 320c on my boat, and can't wait to try it out. I don't no how good it will be. But it should do well from what I was told. It is a colored unit and I bought it from wal-mart online and it was much cheaper.
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe THIS SALE at Cabelas will help you with your decision. They have some incredible deals over there right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's a good sale. But I heard BPS is gonna have their EAGLE 480 for $169 next weekend. Also, with the Lowrance x96 at $149, by the time I buy a $50 temp sensor add on and pay shipping, I'll be over the BPS price of $199, and I live 20 minutes from the Cincinnati BPS. Ha sanyone used the Lowrance x96 or Humminbird 565? I've heard nothing but good about the EAGLE 480, just need opinions on the others.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have a new 565 I just bought off ebay for $149 to my door. I've used it once and really like it. It's easy to use, shows structure and fish well, plus has the temp and I can see the screen even with bright sun directly on it. I really am satisfied with this unit.

Post Thanks / Like

The 565 is a good unit. If you get it dialed in right you should be able to see your jig under the tranducer. I ran a 565 until I sold the boat it was on.

Post Thanks / Like

That Cabelas sale on the Lowrance X135 is really good. That is a $100.00 off what it use to be. I paid that much for the X125 a year ago. I like my X125 alot. The power cable and the tranducer cable in the Eagle depthfinders are in one cable going into the back of the unit , but the Lowrance has a seperate power cable and transducer cable going into the back of the unit. I have read where some were getting interference with the Eagle's cause of this and other seem to have no problems what so ever. Lowrance and Eagle are the same company. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the 480, it's what I have on my TM and I couldn't be happer. I replaced an old Eagle Ultra III.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry got so caught up looking at that Cabelas sale I didn't answer the poll. I would choose the Eagle Fishmark 480, then the Lowrance X96. More bang for the buck with the Eagle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast