Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mercury Verado 350 & Monitor?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mercury Verado 350 & Monitor?

So I purchased one of these dudes to push me around on top of dihydrogen monoxide. I have a friend telling me I needed to get a monitor to tell me what the motor is doing. However, this is the first I have heard of this. I though I read somewhere that some fishfinders/gps units will do this. Can anyone help or give me some advice?

I have a buddy who has a 350 yammy hammer, and does not have a monitor for the motor info. Is this unique to Merc Verado? Is not, is it absolutely necessary, or just something to have to say you have? I do not plan on ragging this thing out> Mainly keep it on freshwater with the occasional trip to the Guff or the march around Venice.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think Mercury could advise you on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I am going to call them. Just wanted to get an opinion here first. I have bad juju when it comes to talking to companies and their products. Seems like every time I call about whether something is necessary, they tell mew of course it is which I interpret as them just wanting me to buy more of their products.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know much about it but there is something called the MercMonitor that is a monitoring system for Mercury motors. Some of the guys on BassBoatcentral swear by their system. I would go over there and do some reading because if it's out there those guys have tried it. I really don't see the need for a bunch of electronic monitoring.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's called smartcraft, or something like that. I have it on my verado 250. it moniters all your motor temps, pressures and such. I don't know how use it or if it even works. My motor is eleven years old and runs fine.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

What are you pushing a 350 Verado?
    When guns are outlawed , I will be an outlaw.......

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking on BBC sales. Used Smart Craft Tach and Speedo 600.00
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979