Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wally Marshall Speed Shooter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wally Marshall Speed Shooter

Got a 7' Speed Shooter Saturday afternoon. Hand delivered by the man himself. Long story, had been in contact with Wally and Lew's for a bit trying to find one in a retail store. So Wally e-mails back asking 'Where do you live?" Told him and he said "How bout I hand you one?" Met him at Boomland on I-55 and got the rod, chatted a bit. Very personable as any know that have had the pleasure. I shared with him that my fishing buddy wanted to meet him also, but was undergoing chemo and wasn't having the best day. Wally signed some stuff for my friend, shared some thoughts, some compassion. Wish you could have seen my friend's face when I told him what Wally said. I wish I could put into words what I really feel for Mr Marshall right now. He truly blessed my friend. I'm a fan for life. btw I'll report later on the rod.

Post Thanks / Like

I have meet him a couple of times real nice guy.
    Corn Field Crappie Gear
    Member Podunk Ideas Pro Team
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for your friend. Good luck with the rod. Wally is the real deal.
    There is a little back story about that rod you have.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

'There is a little back story about that rod you have.' Yes, no doubt. Wally was at the C'ville Boat Show and heading back to Tejas, stopped and met me for the exchange. Think there may be more to it, but he didn't elaborate.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets just say there was a lot of interest in your rod. It reminded me of
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I GOT A 7FT ONE PIECE SHOOTING ROD BY WALLY,LIKE IT SO GOOD I BOUGHT ANOTHER,I USE IT FOR ALL MY FISHING.I CAN SHOOT GOOD WITH A 5 1/2 FT ROD AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE MORE ACCURATE THAN 7 FT BUT MUST SAY THAT 7FT IS FAR BETTER
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

WOW Gene I bought one in 5'6" also thinking the same. Liked it so much that I bought one and a reel for my fishing partner for Christmas. I got mine from Gander Mt. Really a nice rod, some serious thought went into it. Hope to see you and the wife soon on the lake.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of 7ft and one of the 5 1/2 ft... I'm very happy with these speed shooter rods. Wally is a very nice person.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my speed shooter 5.5 this week, put a pflueger president 6925 on it. I wanted something to shot pontoon boats with, I have some 7ft rods but the shorter rod works very good for me. I can shoot further with the longer rod but for hitting under the pontoon and that small opening beside the dock and pontoon this works well. That small opening can be hot. This rod has more backbone then most short rods. Never met Wally I am sure it would be great, what a way to make a living, read his story you can find it on line.