Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie trophy ideas for tournament?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie trophy ideas for tournament?

Hello,
    A bunch of my buddies and I meet up every spring to have a little crappie tournament among ourselves. Usually it's over 3 or 4 days and the biggest single crappie by weight wins it. I'm looking to have a trophy made to go to the winner. This would be a single trophy that is brought back every year and given to the winner for bragging rights to take home until the next year. I would like to be able to place multiple engravings on the bottom to show the name of each years winner. I like the idea to have a wooden carving of a crappie at the top? Any pictures or ideas you guys may have for a trophy? I can't find anything on the net. Thanks
    Likes Marine4life, Hanr3, deltabound LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Try this website. From less than $5 to $50

Fishing Trophies (Freshwater)
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We have a tradition for passed on trophies. The winner embellishes the trophy and presents it to the next winner. Each winner adds their own embellishment. I am the recipient of last years trophy and will be making modifications, thinking about adding the lure I was using to catch the big fish. Put my name, date, and size and type of fish caught on the lure. It becomes a running record. You could do the same with plaques, however they aren't as personal.

As for the trophy, hit the garage sales this spring. Usually you can get one for a buck or two, replace the top and pull off the old plaques and your set to go. Or spend $80 at a trophy shop.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, I ended up buying a wooden engraved crappie that is painted and very detailed. It's gonna be the top of my trophy and I'm gonna hand make and stain the bottom portion out of wood. Thanks again
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post