Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panfish .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Panfish .....

is the size of these here things for sure ...but the good news ...I ketched the Golden child ....LOL
    kept my 5 limit even though I wanted to only ketch and release because a couple took it too deep ....super duper wore them down b4 work today on a lil short ultralite with 4 lb test ....lots of fun in a small package for sure .....probably managed about 50 of them in 2 hours and let 45 or so swim on .....
    so them unlucky 5 will hit the stove tonight as I invited them to dinner .....
    had to go ole school with a stick as I didn't even have a stringer or bucket ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Private trout lake details please!!!

Post Thanks / Like

we have 2 sources that stock trout once the water here chills enough for them ....late Nov to early Dec until I think march ? that is the mighty trinity river in ft worth texas ....from what I understand they all come from your state ...crystal falls trout hatchery I think ? we get real large ones from the regional water district at over 20 inches in some cases one stocking or 2 and the rest are the small versions that the state folks stock all over the place all winter long .....kinda fun for a bit for the novice anglers and a lil fun for the others as well ...
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Great!!!!! TEXAS is looking better ever day!!!!!!!!! Your pics are awesome!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pictures! Would love to catch some Trout, not sure where I would start in Indiana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funfishers View Post
    Nice pictures! Would love to catch some Trout, not sure where I would start in Indiana.
    I'm guessing you would need to check your local DNR, they should list places that would be stocked with trout providing Indiana has such a program.Here in Wv,we have a fish hatchery,they stock hundreds of lakes and streams from January through April.
    Likes funfishers LIKED above post

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We like to ketch them on the White River/little red.LOL .Pretty good smoked!! Make sure you get the dark streak off the backbone.They fight till the end.enjoyed the post and pic's thanks.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice

there's a bunch of idiots up here in Vermont who followed the stocking trucks and were takeing six at each location - a few phone calls took care of that!

They stock some of the rivers and a lot of the Fish and Wildlife ponds with them, I leave em alone for about 2 months until they get the liver taste out of them from the pellets they feed them at the hatchery. If they're stocking them that big it's gotta be costing them some serious money.

And Jackie is right - no matter when you catch them when you clean em get that red line out of them on the backbone, it's actually their kidney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Nice

there's a bunch of idiots up here in Vermont who followed the stocking trucks and were takeing six at each location ...
    I've seen similar stuff. It never ceases to amaze me how people will cheat just to catch a few fish.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Trout are all over the place in KY. And our KDFWR hatchery supplies stock fish for many places, including what are called FINs Lakes (Fishing In Neighborhoods Lakes). We have one in Lexington, about a mile from me, and I've taken a few from there. Some are tagged & money or pins are awarded for them ... I've received 4 pins, but no $$
    Caught them on pieces of nightcrawler, Crappie Nibbles, and Chicken Liver .. yep, that's right, Chicken Liver (though I WAS actually fishing for Channel Cats, which are also stocked & some are tagged).

The KDFWR has had banner years of raising these stocker Rainbows ... so much so that they've even stocked our "Trophy Bass Lake" (Cedar Creek Lake). They say it's to offer more diversity in the limited species contained in this small lake ... but, I think it's just as much for fattening up the Bass, as it is for providing another fish for the anglers. Lake has a limit of 1Bass/day & 20" size limit. You do the math

Congrats on the "ketch", Ketchn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast