PDA

View Full Version : O/T Photo Bucket

bee
01-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Anyone have any hints to get it working.

CrappiePappy
01-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Anyone have any hints to get it working.

What is it doing, or not doing, that is hindering you from using it ??

bee
01-03-2017, 07:07 PM
It will not copy img anymore. Besides being slower than heck.

rnvinc
01-03-2017, 10:32 PM

Other than being quirky (as it always has for me) ...PhotoBucket still works with my iPhone ...

Sometimes after uploading a pic from my camera roll - I have to back out of my album to the main library and go back into my album before it will let me copy the img field ...

Rickie

CrappiePappy
01-04-2017, 08:39 AM

I access it through my computer and have not had any problem with the image copying. But, yes ... with all the ads and stuff, it is way slower to respond than it used to be. And the format has changed several times since I first started uploading to it, so it's not as simple and straight forward as it used to be.

bee
01-04-2017, 03:11 PM
I have recently changed computers to one with windows 10. Would that have anything to do with it. When i click on img. it used to hi light in yellow and say copied. Now it hi lights in blue and that is all. No copie

CrappiePappy
01-04-2017, 03:50 PM
I have recently changed computers to one with windows 10. Would that have anything to do with it. When i click on img. it used to hi light in yellow and say copied. Now it hi lights in blue and that is all. No copie

Could be, Bee .... :dono (I'm still using Vista :Rofl )

I tried to copy/paste off the photo itself, and it didn't work. If I click on the Img bar, I get the yellow hi-lite & "copied" ... then the pic can be "pasted" on here, like this :

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/crappiepappy/Imported%20Photos%2000119_zpsajoqfouv.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/crappiepappy/media/Imported%20Photos%2000119_zpsajoqfouv.jpg.html)

I don't understand why your W10 OS would interfere with such a simple copy/paste function. But, you may find some answers from this search :

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=windows+10+copy+paste+not+working

PawPaw "gene"
01-04-2017, 10:14 PM
The program has gotten too quirky to be of much use and it's way too slow. As mentioned it has changed but used to be a great program. Does anyone else know of another free program that does close to what Photobucket does but might be less problematic.
"gene"

CrappiePappy
01-04-2017, 10:21 PM
The program has gotten too quirky to be of much use and it's way too slow. As mentioned it has changed but used to be a great program. Does anyone else know of another free program that does close to what Photobucket does but might be less problematic.
"gene"

Gene ... you might check out some of these : https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=picture+hosting+services

LittleJohn
01-05-2017, 12:04 AM
I like drop box. After down loading the app bring the pictures up on phone or computer. The drop box works good with crappie.com. This is the one I used mostly.
LittleJohn

"G"
01-05-2017, 10:56 AM
I just store mine on my computer and keep them backed up on a cd. Its easy to just post them as a attachment. I have lost my pictures three times with photobucket so no more.

crappiefarmer
01-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Mine runs slow too. Hit to copy and it may take up to a minute before it turns yellow and says copied. That is aggravating because if You take your eyes off and it pops up you may miss it and don't know if it did it or not.CF

PawPaw "gene"
01-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the replies, I'm looking into some of the ones y'all posted.
"gene"

Tracker123
01-05-2017, 08:43 PM
I transfer mine from the phone, game cameras, etc. into the computer. Then transfer into a portable external hard drive. Those things are dirt cheap now a days. The size of a business card without any moving parts, and with extensive capacity. The smallest one they had at Office Depot at the time was 1TB, which is massive, for like $29. From there, it's real easy to post as an attachment.

PawPaw "gene"
01-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Randy I have such a hard drive and started last night making folders to store my photos on. After doing a little testing last night I decided that is the way I will go.
"gene"

bee
01-06-2017, 11:36 AM
I am still frustrated with PB. Worst thing is no response from the.

PawPaw "gene"
01-06-2017, 06:46 PM
Is there a way to easily move photo from iphone to computer? The emphasis is on easy.
"gene"

Slab
01-06-2017, 06:58 PM
PB sure is sssssllllllllooooooooooowww

Can't look at what Pappy has in there it's so sloooooow

I use Google photos now to get pics off phone. It syncs automatically, and then you can get to them anywhere. Phone, tablet, PC, or even someone elses PC.

And then I just upload it to Crappie.com direct. I encourage you to upload it here. I do so in part because other hosts sometimes change their URLs then the pics no longer show here. Or heck, some of them done went out of business. Load them here, and they're here forever.

CrappiePappy
01-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Can't look at what Pappy has in there it's so sloooooow

I didn't think ANYONE could look at my picture album on Photobucket, because I set it up as "private" :scratchhead

It's not as fast as it used to be, but for me it's still reasonably fast ... considering the dinosaur computer & OS I'm still using (Dell Dimension E521 / Vista Home Prem. 32bit).

Opening a new tab, logging in to Photobucket, picking out a pic & copying the IMG address, then posting it here takes me less than 2mins. That may seem like an eternity to some of you, but it's not that bad to me ... considering the connection speed I'm using, and having to scan through over 600 photos before choosing the one I want to post.
The biggest factor in slowing down the transferring of pics from Photobucket to here, for me anyway, is the ads and other "pop-ups" slowing down the loading time of each page.

"G"
01-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Is there a way to easily move photo from iphone to computer? The emphasis is on easy.
"gene"

Sure....email it to yourself....then you can put it on your computer file

PawPaw "gene"
01-06-2017, 08:21 PM
"G" I've done that often in the past but was looking for a direct way. I think I found it with Google Photo. It looks like it will automaticly upload any new photos to my computer all I have to do is plug my phone into the computer. I hope this works as I want. Now if I could get my photos from Photobucket that would be nice.
"gene"

bee
01-07-2017, 06:41 AM
I use a camera for most of my photos. Whats a cell phone

PawPaw "gene"
01-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Good point Bee, I used to do the same but the phone is so convenient its hard not to use it.
"gene"

"G"
01-07-2017, 10:26 AM
My cell phone takes better pics than any of my three digital cameras do....i just email them to myself open them on my computer and then click to save to my photo file.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk 2

Tracker123
01-07-2017, 11:02 AM
I plug my phone into the computer (or insert card from cameras), then open up the paint program built into the computer. From there, you can resize, crop, etc. Then transfer onto the portable hard drive. Once there, if I want to insert a picture, I just point to the hard drive.