Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrova: What pound thrust would you suggest? Photo of boat below

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrova: What pound thrust would you suggest? Photo of boat below

Thinking of getting a Terrova with I-Pilot, I mostly Spider Rig or Longline, but would be fun to pull a crank once in awhile.

My boat is an oldie, 16' Bass Tracker Pro 160. Hoping to hear from some of you guys that have a similar size aluminum boat. Not sure if the 55# thrust, or if I should go for the 80# thrust?

Name:  IMG_5779.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  63.3 KB

This is an old photo, have done a few upgrades since, just wanted to show the boat.

Thanks and regards,
    pescador
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a terrova, I think 65lb not sure, had it on a Tracker 185, pulled cranks for long time, would pull the tracker 3.5 mph. I took it off and stored it in the garage... guess I should sell it.
    Likes pescador LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the 80 if you have room for the batts, you won't regret it I promise.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes pescador, Slab, Spaceman LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 55 on my Wareagle about the same size. Works great rigging and long lining but even with 2 batteries only about 4 hr's pulling cranks. I use big motor to pull with 4 stroke. If it was me I would go with the 24/80 lb. not that much difference in cost but well worth it in the long run.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes skeetbum, pescador, Slab, Spaceman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 24/80 for my 175 Tracker. I use 2 -29series batteries and have not run them down yet. It will pull 3.3 mph.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

55 would be adequate & a 80 would be desirable. According to what your main style of fishing is. I'm running a 55 on a 16' fiberglass Nitro and it will do everything I need it to.
    Likes pescador, Josh_Allraw LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cray took the words out of my mouth. I had a 16' aluminum and always wanted more TM on it. The Bass Boat I have now has a 70lb PD-V2 and I wish I had gotten the Terrova for the extra features. I have 2 - 29 series batts and have never run em down yet. What also never happens anymore is the wind getting the best of me. The motor will pull that heavy boat in wind past my comfort zone. Will make headway in a stiff wind with ease. The Terrova also deploys easier than mine. I strongly doubt you would be disappointed in the 80lb Terrova. I would get the foot pedal if I was to buy one. I might not use it often but want the option.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Cray took the words out of my mouth. I had a 16' aluminum and always wanted more TM on it. The Bass Boat I have now has a 70lb PD-V2 and I wish I had gotten the Terrova for the extra features. I have 2 - 29 series batts and have never run em down yet. What also never happens anymore is the wind getting the best of me. The motor will pull that heavy boat in wind past my comfort zone. Will make headway in a stiff wind with ease. The Terrova also deploys easier than mine. I strongly doubt you would be disappointed in the 80lb Terrova. I would get the foot pedal if I was to buy one. I might not use it often but want the option.
    Hey, I got a 112 ILink with remote and foot pedal I will sell ya!!! Sure deploys easy!!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Question:

With the 24 volt and two batteries, I would have to put batteries in the back, would I need heavy wiring for such?
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    Question:

With the 24 volt and two batteries, I would have to put batteries in the back, would I need heavy wiring for such?
    No, on the heavy wiring. I have a 22 ft Excel, run a 112 Ulterra 36V TM.
    I'm wired with 8 GA wire, batteries in the absolute rear of the boat.
    The TM draws 55 amps max and the wiring is good for 65 amps.
    8 ga will be more than sufficient.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast