Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Last time i will EVER use a Bobby Garland bait .......

Post Thanks / Like

Default the Last time i will EVER use a Bobby Garland bait .......

this year anyway ......hehehe
    put a flat out clinical smack down on a super load of crappie yesterday we did . I got a bag of baby shad Bobby Garland plastics in the bleeding heart color that has been known in some locations around these parts to be the super bait in the winter when the water gets really cold . now really cold water here is mid to high 40 degree range most of the time but to be sure there are a few spots this bait is deadly.
    I ran it on a 1/8 red head and fished it somewhere below 20 foot deep ....the reason I say somewhere below that depth is because from about 18 foot down to the bottom in 33 foot of water the fish were stacked up at every stop .and due to the presentation issue it was a cast and let it sink until you think you are in about the right range and drag it back to ya . you see these fish wanted it floating by them with the current and yes they ate it and ate it and ate it . we hit about 5 or 6 locations exactly the same and some had many many more fish stacked up on them than the photo I posted . big fish ran just under 2 in both the black and white crappie and the whites were in full force . I managed only 3 black crappie and my buds didn't ketch any . we kept 50 fish and let about 2 more limits swim on . we could have kept 75 but that's kinda silly as we go several times a week . and besides my 5 gallon transport bucket wouldn't hold anymore anyway ....
    it was chilly but we stayed warm laughing about a lot of things and I got to introduce my very good friend to my other very good friend for the first time ever . seems like I knew they would be good together and they was trying to cheat on me later exchanging phone numbers when I wasn't looking ....LOL
    this was most likely my last trip of this year and I want to wish everyone a very safe and happy new year
    until I hit the water again safe travels yawl and as we say in these parts .....KABOOM fish on ....!
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

He he. I was shaken when I read the title.
    Likes fish getter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Reading your posts on a regular basis, almost makes me wanna move to Texas! Almost......!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice 5 gallon bucket of crappie.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes rebranger, slackline LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the catch. Thanks for sharing. I bet Bobby Garland is afraid of your title?
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    Congratulations on the catch. Thanks for sharing. I bet Bobby Garland is afraid of your title?
    to be a good speaker and or author and or get views on a post one must remember there is such a thing as the shock factor ......
    but to be sure that there Bobby Garland bleeding shad flat made other baits look like they needed to stay at the store yesterday for sure .....
    there was a 2 or 3 hour stretch where it was like there was never a bait made that could compare to it ....and I aint kiddin ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Agree with the "catchy" shock factor technique...challenge is some will only read the title and move on. Big fan of BG and always will be! Again, thanks for sharing the great report. And, congrats on the catch.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

I searched and found a "Bleeding shad" but no "bleeding heart shad".

Is this the one you referred to?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Texas that cold??? LOL Nice catch!!

Post Thanks / Like

Time for you to get back inside and do the dishes. The fish need a break.
    Likes short grub LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast