Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Friday morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Friday morning

Started off slow but finally found the bigguns. Came home with 10 crappie and 2 white bass. Biggest crappie was 12.5 inches and 1 pound. All came from 1 mass of trees.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes love2fish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville......................

Great, was coming in the morning........................................and to check on the yearly permit///////////////
    Quote Originally Posted by ridealong View Post
    Started off slow but finally found the bigguns. Came home with 10 crappie and 2 white bass. Biggest crappie was 12.5 inches and 1 pound. All came from 1 mass of trees.

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't windy up there today?

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good day on the Ville, congrats!! Sorry to see your house laid on it's side like that. Main lake jiggin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amsoil boater View Post
    It wasn't windy up there today?
    The main lake was real bad when I left. The cove I was fishing got some wind. I was tied off to the tree so it wasn't to horrible fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clownfish View Post
    That's a good day on the Ville, congrats!! Sorry to see your house laid on it's side like that. Main lake jiggin?
    I freaking love crappie fishing this time of year. I almost prefer winter fishing over the spawn. i am confident that I could had gotten my limit. I had all the fish in less than 2 hours. But I had places to be. I think the wife is having me take her dad out this weekend sometime. So I am being forced to fish again.
    Likes Hogster1, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh such a hard life. Don't know how you can deal with such a mean wife. Smithville Friday morning
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

The worst part of it is. I'm almost tired of eating it. I guess I'll have to start putting it in the freezer
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

nice the weather was awesome down here in Lees Summit. I am going to try to get up there tomorrow... Were you using minnow or jigs or both? would you mind saying approximately what depth?
    David C. L'Heureux
    ET2 SW/AW USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran
    Formerly known as dhkdl1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dhkdl1 View Post
    nice the weather was awesome down here in Lees Summit. I am going to try to get up there tomorrow... Were you using minnow or jigs or both? would you mind saying approximately what depth?
    I'm a jig guy. I was roughly in 20' of water. Fish were from 15' down to the bottom. I dock st little platte. And I did have to break through ice to get to main lake. Looking at the weather tonight there could be ice in the morning.