Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Line vs String Bobber Stop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line vs String Bobber Stop

Hello and good morning to you all. I am hoping we had a wonderful Christmas! And I pray you all have a healthy and prosperous New Year 2017!

I have found a few articles on this subject, but I trust you guys and value your input.

I am headed to BPS later this evening after work to pick up some line. I am going out tomorrow to fish standing timber. It is supposed to be NW winds @ 9 MPH. So, I was going to have 2 poles rigged up. 1 with a minnow on a slip-bobber and 1 with a jig.

Question about line and slip-stopper; If I purchase braided Spider Wire line, will the "string" stop work? I have tried the "string" before on my 4 lb, 6 lb and 8 lb Vicious line, but it just slides and doesn't work good. I even wet the knot and pulled it tight - a few cast later it was sliding again. I also have the BPS rubber stops but they get caught up in the spool and make my casts jacked up. Any tips on this guys? And, about this line - I've never used braided and it's $19.99 for 15 lb Spider Wire Invisi-Braid. Is it worth it? I have plenty of new Vicious and Crappie Max line. It's just the bobber stops don't want to stay in place. Now, I did read that the Thill String is the best?? I was using Rod n Bobs.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the thill string bobber stops on 4lb vicious all the time and they hold good. Wet the bobber stop and spread the knot as you tighten it a couple of times.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite bobber stops are the dog bone style stops. They are very small and go thru rod eyes with know problem. They only issue I have with them is you have to gave good eye sight to thread the line thru them.

Post Thanks / Like

Waxed dental floss works.
    Likes SeaRay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I second the dog bone style. They are tiny and a pain to get on the line at first but after that
    2014 Stinger 195
    Drift master rod holders