Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie on stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie on stockton

the water was a light green on the turnback arm, a little stained on the big sac arm, and a little dingy on some of the turn back no walley, crappie full of eggs, white bass dont know threw them back, water 48 to 51 most of the spots we fished purple and green was the color of the day only color they would hit. few and far between.. but hey we was out on the water and it was a great day to fish later man.

beagle man

Post Thanks / Like

Hi beagle, I am going out tomorrow. I went out this afternoon and still had two inches of ice behind my toon. I turned the motor on and ran it half throttle for 20 minutes and it broke up the ice, along with throwing my anchor on the ice about fifty times. According to the tables tomorrow will be wimpy fishing but like you said it's good to be on the water whether the fish cooperate or not. The water was slightly stained around the marina but that is a pretty protected area. Thinking of trying the bridge pilings tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm headed out in the morning to give it a shot...

Even if they are slow..sure beats working... I've been struggling all week, trying to keep from catchin the 'flu' ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

to windy for me today guess I will get darrell and we will move a freezer. got to get a big freezer for all the fish I is gonna catch this year yea fish gonna catch lots remember lots.

Post Thanks / Like

You are so right Beagle, about blew me completely away. There are better days to come and I will be there. The boat is rigged and I am going to get out after this rain rushes through and a little less wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billr12
    You are so right Beagle, about blew me completely away. There are better days to come and I will be there. The boat is rigged and I am going to get out after this rain rushes through and a little less wind.
    you got it man hope it settles down soon

Post Thanks / Like

beagle, youre a bunch smarter than me... I got out in it... would have been better off sleeping in this morning

Post Thanks / Like

Stopped by the Dam at Stockton on my way home from Kansas. A few guys fishin' from the Dam were catch a few crappies here and there. Not a lot of big bites going on.

They need to add a fish return system to the top of that Dam. Some of the Crappie don't survive the 30' drop to the water if they are under the size limit.
    Standing in the Gap