Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spidder Rigging organization question???

Post Thanks / Like

Prayer Request Spidder Rigging organization question???

I have been set up to spider rig for about 9 months now. Have had good success, not always HAHA, catching fishing using this method. Getting better at positioning/controlling the boat (have my eye on a Motor Guide Xi5). Bee-Ready rod holders. Cumberland double seat kit for the front deck of my Ranger.
    My question is this ... How do you have your rods stored so that they are easily accessable and not tangled mess? Both going down the road to the lake, on the lake to the first spot and even from spot to spot. I have a guy building me some rod racks. This will solve part of the issue, but what about the top hook on a C&C rig or a double jig rig?
    HELP!! I sometimes feel that I am spending as much time untangling lines as I am fishing!
    Tell me/show me what you guys do.

Post Thanks / Like

Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  78.5 KBhere's how I carry mine. 14footers ride there. Hitech Stuff one of our sponsors made them for me
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Ronnie Capps puts the top hook in the eyelet closest to the handle and sticks the bottom hook in the handle. Keeping in
    mind that he doesn't have to buy rods. The best way I have found is an O-ring on the rod. I use docking rings that they
    use to castrate bull calfs but an ordinary O-ring will work. I use the docking rings because they are thick and easy to roll
    up over the hook. The O-ring stays on the rod. Hook the bottom hook in the keeper at the top of the handle and lay the
    barb end of the hook against the rod and roll the O-ring over it. You want to store it with the hook toward the tip of
    the pole. Some line has a lot of memory so, if you store it in the down position, the drop will try to lay against the line.
    I didn't mention, I use a drop loop for my top hook. If you are using a swivel it probably doesn't matter which way the drop
    is stored. You can get the docking rings at your local Co-op. They are a couple of dollars for a hundred of them. They also
    have the pliers that expand the rings, making them easy to install over the rod. It can be done by hand.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Photo Gallery on my web site!

Monk

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

For double hook rigs ... :

Hold the rod in 1 hand and the bottom hook in the other hand ...

Wrap the bottom hook around the reel seat and then extend it forward (toward the tip) until you can connect the 2 hooks together ... This keeps both hooks secure together in 1 place ...

Then for transport (after securing hooks as above) .. hold the rod in 1 hand and grab the line (at about the 1st or 2nd eye from the reel) and spin the rod (while holding this point in the line) until the line corkscrew winds around the rod ...
    -----

For double hook rigs with the weight on the bottom ... this procedure still works ... but the weight will still be hanging free ... which can be wrapped around the rod (after the 2 hooks are secured together as above) ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I use rubber bands for top hook / jig. They are cheap and work well, takes two seconds to do and undo. Just have to tension them well. Beats wrapping and dealing with tangles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Likes maxwell328, crappie flash LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

And a set of these...........Name:  my boat 1.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  69.0 KB
    When guns are outlawed , I will be an outlaw.......

Post Thanks / Like

Tie rigs up where you can hook one hook in the bait keeper and one in a rod eye,then put a few twists in the line and no tangles

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I will try the o-ring and the rubber bands. That sounds like that might save some time and frustration.
    RNVINC, that sounds like a great idea, and I will use this trick on the rods I have spinning reels on, but I mainly use small bait casters on my trolling rods and vertical jigging rods. Not sure it would work on a bait caster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast