PDA

View Full Version : Ulterra help

Boa3
12-27-2016, 03:53 PM
I have looked everywhere I can think of to find out when the new spotlock Ulterra's are comming out. I want to find out how to know that you have a new model and not an older one so I make the right purchase. I was also looking for some on the water reviews by individuals not by MinKota. Any help would be appreciated. :pray

Cray
12-27-2016, 04:51 PM
Call Brian at bbgmarine and he can give you the most up to date info. CanePole has one he has been using for awhile and he can probably give you a good evaluation on it.

Cane Pole
12-27-2016, 04:59 PM
My older model Ulterra works as advertised, no problems. I installed the magnet upgrade myself, no problems. My model can't be upgraded to the new gps level which sucks. Mine is still under warranty which is fine. I purchased it from Biran@BBGMarine whiich is super.

It is ideal for an old man such as myself or a lazy butt such as myself.

monkscrappie
12-27-2016, 05:06 PM
I have a 36 Volt Ulterra on a 27 ft Carolina Skiff. Love the trolling motor. Without the auto deploy, I would never be able to get the unit in and out of the water. I would not use the spot lock; I am a troller-long line or tightline.

Monk

Cane Pole
12-27-2016, 05:17 PM
I for got spotlock.. I use it for pee lock and tie-a-hook lock. Great feature for old folks. Wanted to upgrade cause of rumors of less movement on spotlock. Upgrade to new unit is not worth the money yet.

Boa3
12-27-2016, 06:38 PM
Thanks guys. I have plenty of time. I want to go from my Terrova to the Ulterra. At 65 I'm not as steady on my feet as I used to be. My brain says I'm 20 but my body say's 65. Wish I would get them to compromise at 40.:Rofl

Cane Pole
12-27-2016, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys. I have plenty of time. I want to go from my Terrova to the Ulterra. At 65 I'm not as steady on my feet as I used to be. My brain says I'm 20 but my body say's 65. Wish I would get them to compromise at 40.:Rofl

It don't get better with age as some wines do.

lp243
12-29-2016, 01:54 AM
I just bought a new G-3 Sportsman 17 PFX with the Ulterra, and I am having to wait till the last week in Jan. to get the Ulterra I-Pilot Linked. there may be a few new Ulterra's out there , but my dealer could not find one with the I-Pilot link, he called his Minn-Kota rep and this is where we got the end of Jan. time-line