Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ulterra help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ulterra help

I have looked everywhere I can think of to find out when the new spotlock Ulterra's are comming out. I want to find out how to know that you have a new model and not an older one so I make the right purchase. I was also looking for some on the water reviews by individuals not by MinKota. Any help would be appreciated.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Brian at bbgmarine and he can give you the most up to date info. CanePole has one he has been using for awhile and he can probably give you a good evaluation on it.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My older model Ulterra works as advertised, no problems. I installed the magnet upgrade myself, no problems. My model can't be upgraded to the new gps level which sucks. Mine is still under warranty which is fine. I purchased it from Biran@BBGMarine whiich is super.

It is ideal for an old man such as myself or a lazy butt such as myself.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 36 Volt Ulterra on a 27 ft Carolina Skiff. Love the trolling motor. Without the auto deploy, I would never be able to get the unit in and out of the water. I would not use the spot lock; I am a troller-long line or tightline.

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I for got spotlock.. I use it for pee lock and tie-a-hook lock. Great feature for old folks. Wanted to upgrade cause of rumors of less movement on spotlock. Upgrade to new unit is not worth the money yet.
    Likes captdave LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I have plenty of time. I want to go from my Terrova to the Ulterra. At 65 I'm not as steady on my feet as I used to be. My brain says I'm 20 but my body say's 65. Wish I would get them to compromise at 40.
    Likes captdave LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boa3 View Post
    Thanks guys. I have plenty of time. I want to go from my Terrova to the Ulterra. At 65 I'm not as steady on my feet as I used to be. My brain says I'm 20 but my body say's 65. Wish I would get them to compromise at 40.
    It don't get better with age as some wines do.
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a new G-3 Sportsman 17 PFX with the Ulterra, and I am having to wait till the last week in Jan. to get the Ulterra I-Pilot Linked. there may be a few new Ulterra's out there , but my dealer could not find one with the I-Pilot link, he called his Minn-Kota rep and this is where we got the end of Jan. time-line