Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lil nasty

Post Thanks / Like

Default lil nasty

Has any one got good or bad comments on the eagle claw lil nasty hooks? I had to set the temp up on the lead pot one notch from where I usually run it. It was not letting the spur fill up. Do the hooks really hook better than a regular aberdine hook?

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They sure do. Went from Aberdean to Matzuo sickles when they came out then changed to the eagle claw lil nasty when they came out. The difference in wire diameter shouldn't be over 1-2 32nds at most. I have to watch how I position hook in mold sometimes. They will cock to the side just a tiny bit and cause that problem.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

x2 on that!

Post Thanks / Like

Did a little research on these hooks. The price sure has dropped. I found a post in 2014 where a guy paid $17 @100 now they can be had on EBay for about $6 @ 100. I may have to try some.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used a lot of Matzuo sickle hooks and the hookup to loss ratio fell like a stone. They are sharper than any aberdeen I ever found. The Lil Nasty hook is said to be an improvement on the Matzuo by people who's opinion I respect a lot and I believe them. I have landed 2lb fish on a #6 sickle because they hook in the roof of the mouth more than any aberdeen I have ever used. I'm sold and pour nothing but.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes steve64116 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, I poured up 100 and going to try them out Tues. they look like they will work Merry Christmas and Happy Trails

Post Thanks / Like

I looked for these on Bass Pro with no luck. 2 questions are these hooks for jig makers? Is there a similar hook that is that sharp for regular bait fishing from bank.

Post Thanks / Like

there are two sickle jighooks the matzuo and more recently the lil nasty. After using both I prefer the matzuo even though you will typically get more misshaped hooks with them, they are sharper than the lil nasty and the point leg on the lil nasty needs opening up some in my opinion, they are still a good hook but those two things bothered me.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funfishers View Post
    I looked for these on Bass Pro with no luck. 2 questions are these hooks for jig makers? Is there a similar hook that is that sharp for regular bait fishing from bank.

Arkie has started to market sickle hooks in some of their jigheads. The aren't everywhere but they can be found online if nowhere local to you.

Here's a link; Arkie Painted Sickle Hook Jig Head

A lot of our members pour and sell, check with some of them too.
    Likes funfishers LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funfishers View Post

Arkie has started to market sickle hooks in some of their jigheads. The aren't everywhere but they can be found online if nowhere local to you.

Here's a link; Arkie Painted Sickle Hook Jig Head

A lot of our members pour and sell, check with some of them too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast