Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake wateree 12/23

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake wateree 12/23

So neil was not able to make it and my buddy from columbia asked if i would bring him and his dad, who is in town for the holidays, fishing. So made it out by 9am but something came up as soon as we put lines down and one crappie so pulled everything in to bring my buddy back to the landing. Made it back out to my honey hole in 32 ft and his dad and i kept 12 more crappie and a 10-12 lbs cat. By this time it was time to pick my buddy back up at the landing after his trip back. I decided to head up the lake to an area i had t fished in two months. Started tight lining in 20 ft, one small crappie. Told my fishing partners that i wasnt seeing fish at that depth and said they are either shallow or deeper and i said i bet deeper. Kept going out and by now in the middle of lake and started marking tons of fish i thought were striper in 38ft. Hit location lock on minnkota and was wrong they were crappie and lot of them. Maintained 38-40 ft on marks on depth finder and kept 11 more beatiful slabs throwing back many 11 inchers. I estimate at least 35 crappie were caught today, a few small stripers i returned, 1 big cat i gave to my buddy for smoking, and the best part, we only caught one perch and sunfish the entire day. Look deep for the crappie.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  61.4 KB
Views: 541
Size:  52.1 KB
Views: 457
Size:  46.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you all, i thought i was in the south carolina forum, admin please move this thread there please. Thank you tim.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you put it here. You and Dad had a good trip and caught some real nice fish. Good Job!!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes wannabe fisherman, micorps LIKED above post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good catch Tim

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Always good fish at Wateree. The Crappie grow to 2lbs in 2 years. I lived and worked on the lake for 15 years.

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkscrappie View Post
    Always good fish at Wateree. The Crappie grow to 2lbs in 2 years. I lived and worked on the lake for 15 years.

Monk
    monk, i just moved here in july, really like wateree, alot of nice fish in the lake. While cleaning these fish, lots of 14's and 5 over 15", they are going to cookup nice.
Views: 304
Size:  64.3 KB
    Likes mac crappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Boy howdy those are nice
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.
    Likes micorps LIKED above post