Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hows the ice??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hows the ice??

Anyone know if Truman or Smithville are fishable or iced over?? I am hoping to get the boat out Thursday or Friday and maybe Saturday. Thanks any info would be great.
    David C. L'Heureux
    ET2 SW/AW USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran
    Formerly known as dhkdl1

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully there is is some open water for you David. On Lake St Louis back in my cover the ice was thick enough where I was standing on it filling some holes in my tie wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Smithville the only ramp that is open is camp branch. But the only open water there is around the docks I was hoping with the warmer weather later in this week that little plate opens up. But there is almost 3 inches of ice around that ramp. So I don't know if it will or not.
    Likes Slab Pirate 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dang.. That's not exactly the news I was looking for. But maybe if it rains and get as warm as the weather forecasters say it might open up.
    David C. L'Heureux
    ET2 SW/AW USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran
    Formerly known as dhkdl1

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering the same thing. We need to make us a sticky thread for ice and ramp updates. I may try to get out today. Surely the lower end of Truman is open.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking tomorrow it may be fishable. The ice on the cove on the south side of the dam sure has shrunk a lot. I am dying to get out. My vacation is half over and I haven't fished once. I even went out and bought a new pole. I prefer little platte boat ramp because it is almost in my back yard. But if it doesn't open up. I'm hoping the channel from camp branch to the main lake opens up. I will take a drive later today.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home from Truman, above the dam NO ICE. Seen some on the rocks ABOVE the water, lake is ALMOST 2 ft low. Fished the bluffs, below the visitor center.

Post Thanks / Like

Been above the dam all day, NO ICE, 10 plus boats at ramp, Shawnee Bend ramp. Did NOT see any ice on the lake , except ABOVE the water line, lake is almost 2 feet low, ICE in / on the rocks ABOVE the water line / surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Camp Branch is open and you can make it to the main lake and up to the power lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gooseslayer View Post
    Camp Branch is open and you can make it to the main lake and up to the power lines.
    Was that you I saw out there this afternoon/evening. I should be there in the morning to get some feeshin in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast