Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: XBOX One - Fishing Games?

Post Thanks / Like

Default XBOX One - Fishing Games?

Are there any fishing games available for XBOX One? Even backwards compatible games?

I bought my wife a 30 year anniversary ring this Christmas and it came with an XBOX One counsel with Minecraft game package. I played the original Pong back in the 70's, and Halo with my kids when it first came out in the 00's. Other than that, I don't know much about video games. I see Rapala had/has some fishing games and hoping I can play those on the XBOX One.

Any suggestions?
    Someone educate me on these things.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I may be wrong amongst the video game enthusiasts. I've never seen or played any fishing or hunting game near a realistic experience. The best I ever played was "the hunter" I believe, on PC years ago, like 6 - 8 or so. The video game aspect appeals to fantasy and imagination, but with the fishing or hunting genre comes into play, you can't ever substitute the real thing. I would give it to a kid and let him play minecraft, counterstrike etc on it... nothing to hold much interest among the serious bunch of outdoorsman, its a shame I know, but it's something you can't capture in a video game, and to me that's pure beauty of our way of life.. so my answer is no. It is good for other type games or a bridge to your tv with xbox live, you can watch youtube and order movies pay per view and watch them on your TV..

Post Thanks / Like

And congratulations on your 30th!!!
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your 30th.! And no, I've never found a fishing game worth the time to install it. And I've tried a lot of them!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Xbox 360 games will play on the Xbox One and I know there's a couple fishing games that are "ok" but like Stubby said, hard to replace the real thing. But I'm a fishing junky that watches fishing shows on youtube and anywhere else I can find them so the games are fun for me. Rapala Pro Bass Fishing and The Strike are the 2 games I've played. Probably get one for under $20 at Gamestop or Walmart.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the feedback. I know it wont replace the real thing. Not looking for it to. Just looking for something to pass the evening during the winter months.

Rapala Pro Bass Fishing. I saw that at Gamestop the other day. Looked like it had Walleye fishing too?
    I found a backwards compatible list and it shows Sega Bass fishing game. I haven't seen that available in Gamestop yet.

Any other options.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the 30!!! If you want any more anniversaries, THROW THE XBOX AWAY!!! The wife thinks I'm sober now, but I still sneak in a game or 2 (or 140) after she goes to bed....
    If it's to deep to stand up and there is to much to drink, WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET.

Post Thanks / Like

The rapala game is crap. I have it. Only rapala lures and the game tells you exactly what to use and where to fish with giant hot air balloons. Could be fun if it wasn't more repetitive than an assembly line. Plus you will usually have 5-6 times the weight of 2nd place. They used to make a few good fishing games not sure why nobody does anymore. Why not have to actually search for good areas and try to make the fish bite. They need to find a real fisherman to help design a decent game, I'd help if any of y'all design video games lol.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
    Likes crappiejigger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You guys aren't making this any easier. lol
    HOI Crappie Club