Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 1'st Stakebed

Post Thanks / Like

Smile My 1'st Stakebed

Ok, I finally broke down and built a few fish attracters. I looked around to see what was handing. Since I work in a warehouse, I have access to an unlimited number of pallets. After seeing a number of examples on how anglers have built various styles of stake beds from pallets I decided to give it a shot. With the help of the local Crappie guide, Tommy Tidwell here is what I came up with. I built three of them and they are now in the lake waiting to be occupied. What I did was basically removed almost all the cross members and then built a “weight” tray on the bottom which would support the weights. I removed all the upper cross members and cut them to 32” so they would fit into my truck. I added some old garden hoses to complete the look. These without weights added are light enough to be handed by myself. They take a good 60lbs of weight to sink tho. I tie the weights on with wire and nylon banding material. The stake beds show up excellent on the graphic.

Post Thanks / Like

great lookin beds
    Kevin Kubiak
    Lake Granger Crappie Guide
    Kubiak's Crappie Kingdom
    512-848-4469

Post Thanks / Like

nice lookin stakebeds Sabot. I fish granger on average of about 2 times a week, on a yearly basis. The action is fixin to get HOTTT on granger. Fish should be getting in the shallows here in the next few days, mainly back in the gravel pit's. The log jams are pretty bad up in the creek and you can't get back very far. Water temps about 51 in creeks on sat., my guess is that it is up to about 54 or 55 by now with the warm weather that we have had the past few days. Just a guess, but from my past experiences, they should be on the move in the next few days. I think I am going on a night trip on friday, probably taylor park area. I always seem to do better at night this time of year. I see that you mentioned tommy t. He is the lake expert and a great guy, been fishin with him 7 or 8 times in the last 4 or 5 years. I always have a blast when we go with Tommy and he is worth every penny he charges for his trips If you ever see a blue stratos fish ski boat on the lake, that would be me. we might be able to share some fish stories, experiences etc. btw I did not get a bite at all in the creeks on sat.
    Kevin Kubiak
    Kubiak's Crappie Kingdom
    512-848-4469

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

I am always glad to meet a local boy! It figures that I have a weekend of family stuff which will prevent me from getting any real hard fishing time in. I will find a window some how to sneak out.

I need to see if I can walk (in) to the gravel pit. I have never taken the time to see what trails lead down there. Since I am between boats, I have the time now. I will be driving a Red Lund with a silver bottom. Shouldn't be too hard to miss. I drive a Tundra with plates on it which matches my screen name. Again, can't miss that either.

Feel free to pull up to me on the water or land and say "Hi'. I don't mind meeting new folks and sharing my limited knowledge. Did you buy one of Tommy/Reggie's map of Granger? It's very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep,
    Got the map about a week or two ago. Pretty neat. BTW are you going to fish in the upcoming C.A.S.T. event on Lake Livingston on march 10th? I am on vacation for that whole week and am going to get there early to pre-fish the lake since I have never been on the lake. I have a good map of the lake and think that I can find a few good holes before the event on sat.
    They will be giving away a 7500.00 dollar boat by draw from entries to the tourney. 1oo bucks a team to enter, and even if you don't place you get a chance at the boat drawing. Better odds than the lotto. myself and a buddy will be entering. The team of Kubiak (me) and Pratte. Get a team and join us for the fun!
    Kevin Kubiak
    Kubiak's Crappie Kingdom
    512-848-4469

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to but I won't have my boat until mid March. Since we have so few tournies, I am planning to start to attend ones that are close by to show my support. With the hope others will come. Good luck! Let us know how you do.

Side question, do you own a garage right before Rowe lane on 685?

Post Thanks / Like

That's my fishin partner's garage, Bill Pratte. I do frequent his shop most afternoons. I do a/c and heat work at the federal prison in bastrop and have a side business of Kubiak A/C & Heat. Do you know Bill?
    Kevin Kubiak
    Kubiak's Crappie Kingdom
    512-848-4469

Post Thanks / Like

Bill's shop is TOP LINE AUTOMOTIVE
    Kevin Kubiak
    Kubiak's Crappie Kingdom
    512-848-4469

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. You should do well off of them.

Post Thanks / Like

sabot,
    now that I think about it, you are probably talking about another shop, my buddy's is on algreg and rowe ln.
    Kevin Kubiak
    Kubiak's Crappie Kingdom
    512-848-4469

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast