Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The bobber-stop knot illustrated

Post Thanks / Like

Default The bobber-stop knot illustrated

I've seen a thread way-back when, wondering about "the knot" Well, I just found something I would like to share! http://www.wigglefin.com/weblinks.html Scroll to the bottom of that sight, and there you have it!!! ND

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that sure is better than a double overhand!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used a slip bobber that required a bobber stop, but have been considering it lately, so thanks for the knot tying post. While on the subject of these, how does the knot affect your casting ability? Does it hang up at all on the eyelets?

Post Thanks / Like

Those action disc looked so good i ended up buying a pack....

Post Thanks / Like

Question

when useing that knot can you slide it up or down your line without it coming loose? Alos can you reel it up in the spool and then cast it ok?

Post Thanks / Like

Default to hillbillygunner

hey hg ! that knot will slide to adjust the depth just by moving it up or down the line. I don't know what material would be perfect to tie the knot, but if you have ever purchased the pre-tied knots on a tube, you know that it is a rather heavy thread. I'll bet that the old braided dacron fishin line would be about perfect! You must cut the tag ends after the knot is tied. And to your other question, it is not a problem to reel it all the way in to the spinning reel. If the knot is neatly tied, it will cast like it isn't there. Also, set up the rig with split shots so just a little bit of the float shows above water. that way the slab won't spit the bait cuz there is such a small amount of resistance. And if that crappie swims up with the bait, more of the bobber will show, tipping you off to the take.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2fishinline

if the knot is tied neatly and the tag ends are clipped, you will cast this set-up like a regular bobber, sinker, and hook with minnow. ND

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys that was what I was wanting to hear

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty nifty little knot there. Looks easy enough.

Can you use just the bobberstop knot without the bead?

I'm wondering for the times when I would like to go from a spring bobber to a slip bobber without re-rigging.

Also...I have some button thread. It's pretty heavy and I believe it would work great for these knots. A lot cheaper than the braided fishing line, too.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hey AP ....

Quote Originally Posted by anchorpuller
    Pretty nifty little knot there. Looks easy enough.

Can you use just the bobberstop knot without the bead?

I'm wondering for the times when I would like to go from a spring bobber to a slip bobber without re-rigging.

Also...I have some button thread. It's pretty heavy and I believe it would work great for these knots. A lot cheaper than the braided fishing line, too.
    If you're using a Thill slip float, or one that has a very small diameter entrance hole, then this knot should work fine without any need for a bead. The main function of the bead is to keep the "bobber stop/knot" from hanging up in, or pulling into, the bobber's core hole. .... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast