Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: People fishen your structure..

Post Thanks / Like

Default People fishen your structure..

I know it sounds dumb but how do you deal with people fishing directly on your man made cover spots - I had a guy literly clear a bay of crappie out by hitting my structure 2 days in a row before a major weather system change - That next weekend I brought a hey hook and mooved mt stake beads to a new spot! call me a jerk I don't care. I work my tail off to have good fishing and a friend is not a guy who will fish your spots behind your back
    PROUD BUCKEYE CARP ANGLER

Post Thanks / Like

There is not much you can do. this is a bad part of putting out cover. Anyone that is good with a graph will find other people's spots. Good idea about moving it. That will throw your buddy off for a while.:D CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I don't blame you one bit. Let him wounder what is going on the next time he desides to fish it.
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

fish moved in, they move out, they get caught, more will move in...just gotta beat others to them first...

Post Thanks / Like

Default just part of what we do??

I definately understand where your coming from, and if someone watches you put your tops out then starts purposly fishing them over the next few seasons, well that does suck . On the other hand your tops look just like brushpiles and stumps on sonar and the first thing I do on lakes I'm new to is find structure. Point is for me there isn't any way for me to know if it's natural or manmade. So don't be to hard on someone that does this, if you ask them they probably think they just found a honey hole

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done the same thing. What burns me is guys who will not help put anything out. Then try to take over yours if they know your catching fish. They go to others any laugh about fishing your spots ,so why build any . Most of mine are in open water and use GPS to locate. Some people will find some , but if they camp out several days in a row on a top . It gets moved. Make sure nothing is visiable ,here on Nimrod it will get pounded. Place several small tops scattered out 100' apart verses a big one.:D They will not find them all.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

It's even worse when you put crappie attractors out next to your dock, have people come from our of town or state to visit and fish. You go down to your dock and here is a boat or boats that's been camped out all morning, not only are they fishing in your crappie beds, but they are cussin', litterin' and peeingin' in the water! Talk about someone raining on your parade! :p
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

It sucks but if you are on a public lake that just comes with it. Last year I placed some brush the first time I decide to fish there was a guy with a marker out camped on it. I just keep putting stuff out if someone is on one go to the next. What got the most there was a guy on one of the beds I put out, between him and his friends they have at least 100-150 they have placed so why fish mine

Post Thanks / Like

I'll fish anyone's brush I can find so I can't complain if someone fishes mine. If they can find one of my spots they have just as much of a right to be there as me. Sometimes I'll tell them that I put the brush out they are fishing and ask how they are doing. Many times the people fishing my brushpiles volunteer to leave or ask me to join, but I just wish them luck and head on down to some other spots. It's nothing to get worked up about...of course you wish they couldn't find them, but lots of guys out there are excellent w/ their electronics and they are going to find some of your spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Worst than that, how about a guy that maps the bays you fish and put stuff in and then sells them and makes money off your hard work! Sorry, just letting off a little steam.
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast