Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just A Tad Chilly/Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just A Tad Chilly/Pics

This morning was a bit cool getting started. It warmed up once the water was opened up and the fish came to say hello. Nice to be out for the first time on the herd side. Me and a friend picked up some nice fat slabs. All were 12-14. we fished 2 hours and iced 8 crappie 6 yellow perch and big mouth. All in all a good start. Except my truck said no to starting and got left home. We were on the ice at 8 which turns out was about an hour late as the bite was good early and slowed quick.

Post Thanks / Like

Real nice Bee!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Too cold for this old north Alabama boy. Nice job...are you fishing over fish attractors? I have only seen it freeze over deep enough to walk on the ponds and still water a few times here in Alabama in my 55 years. However on the days when it freezes around the edges I do like to ease out and fish some springs and deep holes. Again nice job.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

A touch on the chilly side, much too cold to deal with all those fish. I'll be along to take care of those stripey looking perch. Ya done good.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bee you lucky duck, we just got a skim of ice and 46 today. Guess we.will start over with another cold front this week.
    How much ice were you on?

Be safe
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I was on 3 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and pictures! Even here in MA all the ponds are frozen over. Put away all my fishing stuff today. Not even a chance of shore fishing anymore until next March. And I don't ice fish!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch bee it sure did not take long for the lake to freeze over. Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Looks kinda cold. I did have a skim coat of ice in a dish of water in the shade a couple of mornings ago
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago I went up to Fort Greely Alaska for work. I was up there a month, so I had a few free days to go exploring. I saw lots of moose and caribou, and some ice fisherman. It was 35 below that day, and those crazy guys were out there on the lake, sitting on a bucket fishing thru a hole in the ice. It doesn't get that cold without a stout north wind, and it was COLD that day.

As much as I like to fish, I ain't never needed to go when it was 35 below zero. I decided I'd do my sightseeing from inside that warm 4x4 pickup.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 12-12-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast