Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Keel Guard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keel Guard

Does anyone use a keel guard on an Express boat? The ad in Bass Pro says it may not work on some aluminum rigs. Any thoughts? A lot of places I launch are rocky and I don't want to beat the crap out of my new boat trying to get in and out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keelshield

Hey Crappiehound,
    I installed a keelshield on my X21 Xpress and also on my last glass boat. They both installed easily and never had a problem with them. They are a good practical investment. Especially on a new rig like yours. I have never used the keelguard brand so I can't help you there. Bass pro used to carry both brands when I bought mine.
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keelshield

Hey Crappiehound, the Keelshield will work just fine on the Express aluminum boat. Easy to install and has a lifetime garantee. Let me know if you wish to purchase a Keelshield and I may be able to save you a few bucks.

Bill Braswell
    Team Keelshield

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Cabela's too they have a different name style one. But also check out the company sites. They make one for the alumi boats. I got one on my glass put it on my self it was easy and I love it.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one of the ones they are talking about that it won't work on
    Alumacraft deep V. It has a keel thats about 3" high and sharp as a knife,
    Sue at Keelshield told me that boat and some of the Lunds, they can't
    make it bend that sharp - actual word she used was "conform"
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Keelguard to put on my new boat within the very first few days of owning it. The only reason I went with them is that BPS in Nashville had the right length I needed and they were out of the Keelshield. If they would have had the Keelshield I needed, I would have bought it just because I met KSCRAPPIE aka Bill Braswell at the last Teezur tourney and thought he was a nice guy. I really wanted a HAMBYS, but wasn't gonna take my boat to a dealer and let them put it on for twice the money. I have been really happy with the Keelguard. Whenever I fish alone, which is rare, I put the boat on the ramp, go get the truck and back the trailer in the water. I am sure Keelshield is as good as Keelguard because they look very similar. Best money you can spend for a boat that isn't gonna be pampered and actually used. FATBOY
    Last edited by fatboy; 02-22-2007 at 02:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all you guys for the comments. I'm going to get one soon. KScrappie1...I will send you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to get something for my skiff but $ 150.00 is kinda steep. I have patched both of the side keels with F/glass but have to be awful careful with it. All I need is two 2' pieces and as far as I know I have to buy 6'.
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carl Palmer

Carl, The Keelshield can be cut allowing you two 3' pieces for each keel. If you decide that is what you wish to do, send me a PM and I can save you a few bucks.
    Bill Braswell
    Team Keelshield

Post Thanks / Like

$150 is pretty cheap when you consider the cost of a boat repair because you don't have one on it. I agree with Fatboy, one of the best investments you can make if you have a new boat. Don't let that go to your head Fatboy.:D LOL
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]