Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 1 foot deep to 6 foot deep

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1 foot deep to 6 foot deep

I have been somewhat landlocked these days . some of it is motivation and some of it is lack of time and some is just why bother if I can ketch them from the bank . so I hit local spots at lunch break and sometimes even an hour at 5 pm when I get off work ,mind ya it gets dark so quick that the 5 pm thing is about an hour and lunch break is the same drill .
    the west fork of the trinity river around downtown ft worth is pretty close in one spot and literally a hundred yards away in yet another spot .
    Monday at lunch break I found a bunch of small black crappie in about 3 foot of water and the ticket was to have the jig 12 inches under the float . I started at that spot at about 18 inches under my float and managed a few and then realized that a lot of them took the jig before the float even got to stand up .
    Tuesday after work I met up with a bud down behind my job at a spot that has deeper water . We managed to really hurt there lips about 6 foot deep under floats there in about 8 or 9 feet of water . That spot has a feeding frenzy of multiple species that takes place about 30 minutes before all light in the sky is gone .
    Small feather jigs seem to be the ticket at both spots and to be sure the fish are biting in several different ways . Some at playful , some are demure and some are flat out serious as well .
    the water temperature I imagine is around the low 50 degree range and the fish feel like they have been in the refrigerator all night when you handle them .those that follow my threads might want to know I did in fact get a new rod and a new reel and I put some 4 lb clear mono on that rig and about 30 minutes after that I did my best to get my new rod and reel tore up .....
    sure was fun at both spots and I might get to try one or both this week again if I am so lucky , but until then I got a few photos and a memory of the adventures to share with yawl ....
    have a great day and hope you enjoy the photos and read ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. Thanks for sharing the fishing information and pictures.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch!

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great catch. Thanks for sharing. I like it when one can figure out how to manage time to make it work for a short trip. Oh yeah, like the black-nose. We seem to be seeing a few more here in Northern Alabama. Congrats.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

One thing for sure brother Ketchin... no one can ever say you are lazy (in any way) about getting out whenever you can grab a chance (whether it be minutes or hours) to feel the thump.
    I get a kick out of reading about your fishing exploits and it surely shows that you love and genuinely cherish every opportunity and every day you have to do it.
    Your posts always bring a grin for me (and I'm sure all of us) who are much less motivated to grab every chance we could have had to catch a crappie.

Thanks for sharing, Wayne
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Them little blues are taste. Congrats on a great day

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Fun read,
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love it, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Good catch
    "Team Overalls"

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin' good. There is a pond about 60 miles west of OKC that has a lot of those black nose crappie.