Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: painting jig heads,like teezur

Post Thanks / Like

Default painting jig heads,like teezur

Has anybode seen how jigheads are painted and the eyes kept clean?
    Teezur heads dont seem to have any paint on the eyes, any ideas how they do it, Im guessing they would have to do them in bulk and not one at a time. Im sure i could dip them one at a time and just not dip the eye but id like to be able to dip 10 or 20 at a time. Thanks Rob
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using powder paint you can hold the jig head by the eye with a pair of forceps. When you heat it and dip it in the paint the eye is covered and saves having to clean the eyes out.

Post Thanks / Like

When David started TeeZur Jig Co, he made them one at a time. The last thing he did before he cured the paint was clean the eye out to make sure no paint was left in there. That's how he was making them when he passed away. Then for the next two years, I made them the same way. These jigs were very labor intensive. I make my own jigs now and I make them the same way David made them.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Richard, I hate having to try to get paint out of a jig eye while I have everything else going on. I use the Bighead Jigs and for the most part they are clear but every now and then I'll still have to clean one out.

I've never tried the Teezer Jigs but I will some day. They sure are a good lookin' jig.
    CATCH A BIG-UN