Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browns Bend LOZ dock shooting report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Browns Bend LOZ dock shooting report

Tried dock shooting with ripnlips mostly small fish bigger fish came off of docks with real dark spots ti shoot in 15 fow. Didn't find a great color but black/chartreuse and electric chicken did ok We ended up with 20 keepers Caleb almost out fished me but there are advantages to being the one on trolling motor. It was a very good day fishing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Likes peculiarmike LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Had a good time with you two Jim. Now I know why Tony told me the ones up front have the advantage. Good time looking forward to our next outing. Guys they put the hurt on me on the keeper side of catching. If you are the third one to shoot into a dock opening the fish may already be in the boat. But I did keep up with them on the small ones.
    Likes long poler, dfar, peculiarmike LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job guys
    Likes ripnlips LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Now you know how Tommy felt fishing behind Darrin and Wyatt. At least you guys got out there before the cold front this week.
    Likes ripnlips, long poler, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job fellas!
    If we did what was most important in life there
    would be a shortage of Bibles.................and fishing poles

Post Thanks / Like

Liking the Brown Bend report that is down in the hollar...What ramp are you using? I just tell my partner let me do all the work with the trolling motor and you just relax
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2

Post Thanks / Like

glad to hear it was good. what was the water temp?

Post Thanks / Like

Tony I think temp was 57. Lil Baby ramp is called Browns bend off hwy 7 north of Climax Springs.

Post Thanks / Like

Sat was a great day on the lake! I went out for 3 hours, hit eight spots. The first 5 spots I caught 3 fish, one decent 12" fish. The last three spots were about as good as it gets. I was shooting 32oz jigs under swim docks. Seemed like blue ice was the color, but was catching them on other colors too. The docks I hit were fairly shallow, 8-12 foot and the bite was coming about half way down. Bite happened on the swim dock side. The fish were so stacked, I think they had to take numbers down there to attack my jig.
    Bite was very aggressive. Nothing huge but very solid keepers. Hardly any dinks. Wish I could have stayed out longer, but had other things to do. Water temp was 47-48. Saw only one other boat out there and they were shooting docks and having some great success.
    Likes LSL Angler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We fished up the Glaize arm Saturday and caught a bunch, but had to weed through a pile of 8.5" inchers to get keepers. My first keeper was almost 14" and then I never caught another over 11.5" the rest of the day. I found a couple new docks I'd never fished before that were loaded up and also hit several brush piles and tree in 12-30' of water that I already had marked and everything had fish. We seemed to catch better fish on the brush, but they didn't have as many fish as the docks. Colors didn't seem to matter much. We used blue/chartreuse, orange/chartreuse, blue ice, blue/white and probably a few others and they all caught as long as you put it in the right spot. We were four short of a three man limit, but I'm sure we probably threw a few back that would have squeaked past 9 inches.
    Last edited by st041986; 12-05-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast